Fun at MESS

Just back from playing with lots of classic synths at Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio

13 Likes

I really should take myself for a visit.

1 Like

In NL we have this:

https://www.willem-twee.nl/agenda/studios

4 Likes

Very cool. Which one did you have the most fun with?

I have 9 out 13 instruments at home (I was a good investor in 90s :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Trying to guess which ones are missing from your collection - Moog, Oberheim, Linndrum and Fairlight?

1 Like

What’s the thing in the centre of the third row?

Triadex Muse

1 Like

There’s a Rack version of the Triadex Muse

2 Likes

They have the light unit for the Muse too

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool

BTW, I’m seeing Steve Hackett playing Selling England and Seconds Out this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Being able to try so many legendary synths was amazing. Probably take a while to get proficient with some of them. Memorable things: that VCS3 joystick, the big clicky knobs of the Moog 55 sequencer, those iconic sounds of the Linn Drum, the sliders of the ARP2600… I didn’t have much time with the Fairlight, so I might need to go back and explore some more

1 Like

I watched a youtube demo of the real thing, I imagine it was hard to get excited about that even in 1973, but maybe it was a bad demo.

suddenly I love melbourne, without having been there :heart:

do you have direct contact with them? I won a study/traineeship bursary (expires in september 2023) but this year I don’t have time to move away from here (italy) ! that would be super cool!

good guess! just exchange the triadex with the linndrum (I have 6 oberheim, but not the one in picture: OB-X, Xpander, Matrix1000, Matrix6r, Xk, OB-Mx)

1 Like

and the speaker amplifier too (triadex)

1 Like

no, I don’t have direct contact. But should be easy to contact via website.

1 Like