Don Cross / CosineKitty / Sapphire

Ooooh - very interesting! I am looking forward to trying out what you cook up next

1 Like

I was experimenting with Reverb a long time ago. It’s quite complex, for sure. It did motivate me to buy a book on matrices, though!

1 Like

Really nice !

1 Like

Here is my Saturday night creation. You are now seeing the release candidate of Sapphire Galaxy with finalized panel design. This is a brief space music sketch. It lasts less than 3 minutes but you will travel several light years in that time.

9 Likes

Wow, that sounds truly amazing!! A great huge reverb.

1 Like

Yes it is! This reverb algorithm was created by Chris Johnson of Airwindows. Chris was helpful and supportive of me adapting his code into the Sapphire plugin.

3 Likes

An ambient celebration of the June solstice…

5 Likes

A piece inspired by musings about the possible consciousness of plants.

5 Likes

Really nice patch and highly musically enjoyable in my mind!

1 Like

Tonight’s patch shows how Elastika can be used to create bugle-like voices.

7 Likes

Tree Consciousness is gorgeous. But the construction and result of Beetle Breakfast excites me even more. Very cool. Any chance you will post the patch?

1 Like

I’m so glad you liked Beetle Breakfast!

Here you go…

beetle_breakfast.vcv (5.2 KB)

Because Galaxy has not been released yet, this will not work unless you build the Sapphire source code yourself, or download the pre-built artifact from the bottom of this page appropriate for your OS. It’s not the most convenient thing, but the artifacts are zip files that each contain a single vcvplugin file.

2 Likes

I might as well upload the Tree Consciousness patch here too. As mentioned above, this requires the pre-release version of the Sapphire plugin.

tree_consciousness.vcv (9.3 KB)

2 Likes

I keep thinking about the bugle sounds that Elastika can make. The parameter tuning is extremely delicate. I’m thinking of experimenting with this effect to see if I can make a dedicated bugle effect module that can be tuned with a V/OCT input without being so finicky and unstable.

2 Likes

incredible sounds. love Elastika so much!

1 Like

Omri Cohen just released a video about using Sapphire Frolic and Glee for chaotic modulation in generative patches. As always, he did a deep dive with great explanations of everything.

2 Likes

Congrats! Isn’t it fun watching the surge in subscriptions to you plugin after Omri features one of your videos! I think my surge has about run its course one week after the release of the VCO Lab video.

I had an idea for an expander for Glee and Frolic: Compute the distance from the origin in the XY plane, XZ plane, YZ plane, and the distance in 3D space. That would give you 4 different, yet related unipolar outputs to go along with your existing 3 bipolar outputs. You could provide X, Y, Z inputs to override expander inputs, so it could be used with Nucleus

1 Like

This is possible, because I’m working on modules that operate on 3D vectors to produce other 3D vectors: Pivot and Rotini. They should be available on the VCV Rack Library in a couple of weeks (or right now if you’re willing to install pre-release builds). These modules already greatly expand the fun shapes you can make, and the ways you can modulate them.

Other operator modules could do things like Pythagorean distances of various kinds.

1 Like

I like Pivot and Rotini!

I did a quick mockup showing the Pythagorean distances for Frolic and Glee.

Sapphire Chaotic Distances.vcv (8.1 KB)

docB Formula One only has 3 outputs, and I wanted 4. So I used polyphony to create the various permutations, rather than multiple Formula One.

1 Like

Can you add a fast option to Frolic and Glee? I am really curious what they can sound like at audio rates. I tried modulating up to audio rates, but you have the max rate capped.

I am also very curious what Pivot and Rotini do to audio signals.