DanTModules New Releases Thread

Ya know . . . the CV inputs expansion module is just a little bit . . . creepy, the way it seamlessly melts into Purfenator. Make purfect sense though. All expansion modules should behave that way.

1 Like

ScreenHunter_931 Mar. 14 09.04

Wow, absolutely brilliant! The new feature has been working perfectly. Itā€™s implementation is smart looking too! This helps me enormously. The ā€˜smart rearrangementā€™ is now, usable. Everyone should check it out. Thanks,@dan.tilley

Cheers, g~

1 Like

New March preview build beta 05 is available here

OK, finally got something that I am semi-happy with.

The new module is called Little Pig and it is a bit weird experimental feedback distortion.

I will create a new thread just for the module

4 Likes

v2.4.39 is available in the library now, it includes:

• Module browser text for Purfenator to make it easier to see and understand
  • Makes BrightIdea non-destructive to VCV Rack settings
  • New module Little Pig
7 Likes

Iā€™m going to slow down just slightly this quarter, so the next beta will be over April & May.

Currently there is nothing on the TODO list, so might as well have a new poll to see whatā€™s interesting to everyone.

And of course, please raise bugs on my GitHub if you find anything, and make suggestions here for any small features or tweaks you would like to see.

What should I work on for the next beta preview build during April & May?

• Girth, stereo enhancer & goniometer
  • WAVULUV (Wavulike v2)
  • A new Neon Oblique experiment (thinking about a flanger)
  • Some sort of guiro/cuica type of module
  • Expanders for certain modules?
  • Improving CPU & adding polyphony?
  • Something else (leave a comment)
0 voters
1 Like

Over here it seems like there is some minor dissatisfaction with the GOTO module, maybe I should look into creating a module that does something useful with Pan & Zoom, with CV inputs and possibly presets/memory banksā€¦

Anyone interested in that?

2 Likes

I have often thought that a photoshop style navigator would be a useful module. That way you could stay zoomed in but still navigate around a large patch. Is this the kind of thing you were thinking?

1 Like

That is a very interesting idea, not what I was thinking of, howeverā€¦

A module that has a mini-map of the current patch would be totally awesome!

I think it would be possible to create something like that, since the positions of modules are stored in the autosave and patch file.

And similar to the Biset blank module, I could make the mini-map overlay on top of the whole patch.

:zap: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :zap:

I will have a play around with this when I get time, thank you for that comment!

Actually, I think this type of feature is something that could be considered as best implemented as part of Rack itself, obviously I will still explore the idea unless/until @Vortico says something like that is being added :star_struck:

1 Like

Hey everyone, I am back after a little dev-holidayā€¦ itā€™s good to recharge & refresh every once in awhile.

I havenā€™t forgotten about the poll above (which modules need CPU improvements or polyphony specifically?) however, while I was creating my VCV + Chill tracks, I realised that I needed a module to control elements of my patches during long playbacks.

Initially I used NYSTHI - ExpiredTime which performs great, but I found I had to use multiple instances because I needed more than 3 events, and I also had to create complicated setups to manipulate the simple trigger into something like a repeating gate or envelopeā€¦

So, as is typical for me, I just decided to make a module that would be able to do what I wanted.

Time Lord

It is still in testing for now, but you can try it out with my v2.4.40_beta01 here:

I will create a dedicated thread for the module for feedback and with some docs shortly

13 Likes