Dag2099's music video and streaming thread

You nasty, you know it,
embrance your nast and grow it!

1 Like

I’ve made another “phasing” piece, this time using variations in pulse width to change the length of notes:

3 Likes

That’s interesting Dag, I kinda like it…

1 Like

Inspired by the much discussed lectures by Stockhausen I made this piece with shifting time signatures.

3 Likes

Ah ah, nice one! A nice example of a simple process composition, in Stockhausen terms, with a minimalistic effect that also recalls the phasing technique experimented in Piano phase by Steve Reich. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

I do that all the time. My first Youtube video (before I started posting about it here) was phasing. The ability to have two clocks and set them one BPM apart makes it relatively easy.

1 Like

Oh hi! I have a nice relaxing piece of music! Assuming that you enjoy wildly vibrating noise:

It’s pronounced “Vibe-ratmos”, like vibrating atmos or something.
I also did a vcp:

I wondered what would happen if I did phasing with wonkey time signatures (120, 121, 123 bpm):

1 Like

That’s really nice dag, and great sounds. Well done!

1 Like

It’s been a while since I posted a piece of music that wasn’t VCP related but here it is, the latest and most advanced version of Piong yet! That’s right, using Prototype’s Javascript scripting abliities I have constructed a Piong patch in which the paddles accelerate towards the ball and return to the center when the ball is heading away from them and features fatigue. So, @unlessgames, is this what you had in mind when you made Piong?
Also the sounds are a big vibrating carnival of buzz (with a brief drone section at the beginning).

I might do another one of these with slightly different settings and sound but I think I want to do something less ambitious first.
4 Likes

Yes, you are definitely making my intermedial dream a reality but I’m pretty sure I didn’t think someone would take it this far or that I’d see piong play part in the most touching bot match in history. (seeing tired Silty miss point 99 was heartbreaking, especially since I thought 100 was the end :slight_smile:
Thanks for this pure bliss music and patch, very inspiring to me!
Having the cables slowly turn opaque was my favourite detail.

1 Like

It’s coded so that the different bots have different stamina levels. I did want the faster player to run out completely nd in some of my earlier (unrecorded) runs that happened.

I like to make sure all my Youtube vids are in this thread but I neglected my last 3 videos, so here they are (last first because it’s the best):

2 Likes

Robots Together is quite good dag! Love the vibrato effect…

1 Like

It’s the first thing I did with Atoms. It’s harmonic tremelo where you split the signal into treble and bass and then switch between them.
thx

1 Like

Hey! More experimentation with phasing. In this patch I’m using a few Computerscare modules that I hadn’t tried before, one of which I feel I’d completely overlooked: TolyPools. This allows you to set the number of channels of polyphony a polyphonic signal has and control that with cv, opening interesting potential compositional ideas. In this case I don’t change the number of poly tracks but i do rotate through them in both the case of the pitch cv and the rhythm cv.

3 Likes

Great experiment and nice result dag! I’m always impressed how simple means can get you interesting results when using these phasing techniques.

1 Like

Psychedelic December starts here, friends! Day “a” is upon us and I’m streaming it now: (edit: stream is over, it’s archived here: https://www.twitch.tv/dag2099) I’m hoping to stream every day of december with a range of modules both new and old. I’ll try and make videos of each patch as well.

1 Like

Here we go, the first post of Psychedelic December 2019:

I’m sure you’ll all be getting tired of it by the end.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be announcing my streams going forward but here is a video made with the patch from Day B:

Just the usual dancey music, really. I’m using a delay and an lfo to do the flangeing.

2 Likes