chrtlnghmstr's Music & Patches

‘You want the truth, u can’t handle the truth!’ See what they say then, see you in court, maybe!

1 Like

More Resonator / Rings fun. A talking drum tabla thing.

Talking Drum.vcv (7.8 KB)

1 Like

This is great - I’ve tried to do this myself but not got this close. I added an LLFO to modulate the Harmonics on Plaits; big difference.

1 Like

Yow that does improve things! :smiley: Nice.

1 Like

um, these are free modules, not a street fight. what benefit is there in being timid?

It takes me a while to learn new things.

MIDI mono synth retro sounds.

Planks of Ottowa.vcv (8.1 KB)

1 Like

Sound design experiment. A steam train whistle.

Edit: Just realised you may need to do some additional work to get this working. Install WaveEdit, then go to its application folder, find the banks folder and load the wavetable file ROM B.wav into the two WT LFOs in the patch. (I’m not sure that file is included in the patch file given the new file format.)

steamtrainfree.vcv (58.5 KB)

I loads with the wavetables - But they only show up, when you select the audio output device.

Love the steam whistle.

1 Like

A little “fake guitar” experiment using various things. Made whilst trying to get a nice guitar sound out of Audible Instruments Resonator (aka Mutable Instruments Rings) using a sine wave and a sample of a clanky keyboard (for fret wipes, etc.) as sound sources. Stages is being used as an arpeggiator (sort of) in this.

https://soundcloud.com/alanholding/chasing-numbers-on-aeroplane-tails

Screen shot only for now as I need to replace the reverb and clanky keyboard sample (it’s licensed :open_mouth: ) before I upload the patch for you to play with. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

2 Likes

It sounds beautiful!! Gonna cry and be nice to all stringed instruments from now on!! So what are the Hamster modules in the patch, they something new? Happy New Year!

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile: That module is Pop which is just my sample and hold, but it is a sample and hold with a chortling hamster on it!

2 Likes

One for @ady34. This is that bonkers random sequencer thing from the other week. Just keep randomising Phrase-Seq-16, dude! :exploding_head:

bart.vcv (3.7 KB)

Edit: Madder three sequencer version attached:

sequenzors.vcv (62.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much, I have connected the Phrase sequence to Chronoblob and got some beautiful swoops and swirls of delay feedback. If it doesn’t blow up, wire it! That’s my motto. Only tried the Bart version yet!

2 Likes

Not sure if Instaface videos appear here, but if they do you can hear this little slap bass experiment thing. I’ve gone full on Mark King.

A version of the patch without the VSTs is attached. And see the post above about the steam train whistle to see how to get the wavetable called ROM B. Not sure if that will be included in the patch itself.

Enjoy! (Or not!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYtz1qLolxP/

Swornged With No VSTs.vcv (32.8 KB)

Oh dear, another arrives care of the mighty hamster, so those Arturia Vsts expensive? Chow does loads of Tape FXs btw!

Arturia gave that Mellotron tape one away over Xmas. The others I’ve bought slowly over the years.

Damn another freebie I missed then, I always like a free VST, a bit tight probably!

1 Like

Testing a new module. I accidentally came up with something that pretty much describes my life in lockdown. Enjoy (or not!).

All sounds sourced from the Audible Instruments Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits) with some backwards / forwards reverb added for a little placement.

Sounds good, there have been 3 or 4 Lockdowns in Yorkshire, so I can understand where you are coming from!

So how did you create and use the reverse reverb? Record it into a sampler and reverse, or a more weird way?

1 Like