Announcing: Sapphire Elastika

Only a complete monster.

1 Like

here today, gong tomorrow

7 Likes

The high school. It was cracked & they got a new one. Even a cracked one is a find though, they’re pricey.

Ah, that makes more sense. I’m really interested in hearing about the results of using the gong as a plate reverb. I have become really interested in plate reverb after I started using Valley Plateau in VCV Rack. I read more about how it works, learned about real-world plate reverb, and the whole thing sounds so interesting.

2 Likes

I am super stoked today because Omri Cohen decided to take Elastika for a test drive. As usual, he has a knack for making amazing things happen:

17 Likes

This is an amazing patch

Big up the Elastika junglist massive!

1 Like

Both you and Omri should be proud!

1 Like

ha that is indeed amazing. so lovely.

1 Like

You are living the dream! Sounds like he also made a Patreon video that studies it even closer?

1 Like

Yes, Omri’s Patreon subscribers can watch a more detailed video about using Elastika. It is 27 minutes long and explores other topics like feedback, filtering voices, and using Elastika to generate audio on its own without using exciter input. As usual, he did a wonderful job creating neat sounds while explaining things accurately and clearly.

2 Likes

I already love the module ( super big thanks) but the Patreon video has me super excited to start some new patches tonight.

1 Like

I just got round to playing guitar through Elastika. It’s absolutely wild!

5 Likes

Can confirm. Had a blast creating feedbacks, metallic sounds and using it as a send effect.

2 Likes

I would love to hear a recording of that!

I’ll see what I can do this week. I’m having one of those moments where I make a load of sounds I really like, then can’t think of anything to play! I might just do some quick demos of different ideas, it’s quite versatile when you start experimenting with the settings. So far I’ve got a send effect that’s a bit like a phaser through a broken amp, an inline one where it’s more like a uni-vibe/drunken wah, and another one modulating the stiffness with sample and hold,which makes quite similar sounds to other resonators, like using the audio input of Rings for example, or kind of clicky, dripping sounds rather like S&H modulated phasers.

3 Likes

Elastika had an update tonight and has now disappeared from my library (including the Sapphire branch). The module is there on disk in the modules directory. Anyone else have this issue??

and a new er new update is out and Elastika is back :slight_smile:

That’s weird. The Sapphire plugin hasn’t changed since version 2.1.3 came out two weeks ago. I’m not sure what happened on your system.

Hi Don,

Took a while but here you go!

I spent longer editing the video than recording the guitar parts, so not an amazing performance but people seemed to like the format last time. :wink:

17 Likes