Announcing MFX for VCV

Hello, I maybe having problems with MFX and Axon Expander- when I change things in this patch below it crashes, I have built the same patch without the MFX module, and it works fine. It might even be another module.

Please see if you can reproduce the crash your end. Windows 10 Laptop

Here’s the patch:

Wave tape ensemble-varying wave +MFX Axxon.vcv (8.4 KB)

I loaded your patch, I don’t have these plugins: Could not find module Ahornberg/TapeRecorder Could not find module rackwindows/tape Could not find module Ahornberg/TapeRecorder Could not find module ChowDSP/ChowTapeChew Could not find module rackwindows/chorus

But I could make changes, no issues. I tested on Linux.

Thanks for having a look, those modules are all available in the library. So in theory it could any of those modules playing up!

I know, but it doesn’t mean I want to install of them :wink: But I don’t expect your issue is related to MFX, at least I haven’t had any issues (except for the known one that is fixed now).

Thanks, so the mystery still continues. I’ll keep experimenting with the patch.

2.0.1 is crashing for me on Windows, both in Rack standalone and VST.

Adding it to an empty rack - with or without an Audio module - causes MFX to have a blank screen and Rack will then crash following any other interaction (e.g. deleting the module, adding another module etc). If you add it to a rack with, say, a clock running, the clock will freeze; so Rack’s processing crashes immediately but the application itself doesn’t until you invoke it to by doing something else.

1 Like

Thank you! Despite the encountered problems outlined above, in turn just a note on my part that everything is now working as expected over here. Tested in Win 10 / Reaper. Can run multiple instances of VCV and have different algorithms in separate MFXs at the same time, no crashes yet :+1:

Same issue for me, just bought it and getting the blank screen and locks everything up. Latest versions as far as I know…

:+1:

I normally use 44.1 @ 64 samples on my audio interface. But I set 96 on the VCV engine for better audio quality / downsampling.

I’ve been on with ALM support - I think the issue is with the VCV engine setting for anything set manually above 48. It works for me at 44.1 and 48 (after restarting)

I hope they can get it working on the 96 engine setting - host plugins really benefit from running at 96 - I really don’t want to lose that higher quality just for MFX.

Update: version 2.0.2 has fixed my issue, thanks.

Just bought MFX. Generally I really like it but am I missing something? The Crunbular effect just goes straight in to what souns like a feedback loop that nearly blows my speakers. I’m using it in the vcv rack FX plugin inside Ableton.

OK I found (and turned down) the feedback paramater and thats fixed the issue. Hope to see more modules from ALM Busy Curcuits soon. Would defintley go for a Pams Pro Workout :slight_smile:

Think they heard you coughin’. Tyso Daiko just hit the library for $15.00. Thank you ALM! Nice holiday surprise.

3 Likes

Yeah, playing with it here tonight, very fun. Got some nice glitchy drum sounds going on for the first time in ages.

And I just realized I can add some macro controls to this great crunchy beat stream with the new mindmeld modules, and it blew my mind a little, haha.

Yes, a VCV Tyso Daiko (ALM - ALM030 MCFx2) is now available - VCV Library - ALM Busy Circuits Tyso Daiko ! Hope folks enjoy.

We’ll do a proper announcement in the new year - we are pretty much shut down now for xmas. Happy holidays!

18 Likes

Happy holidays, hope you all get a nice break, really cool that so many people get to appreciate your hard work while you are all off resting. Nicely timed!!

really like the tyso daiko module. well done!

With MFX… its such a cool module. Its cool that its the same as the eurorack version but I would really like a version of the MFX with larger gui that shows and allows you to edit more parameters at once. Like a larger OLED panel that you could just click and drag on the parameters.

3 Likes

Hi @busycircuits and thank you for these great modules! I am here to ask if there will ever be a Pamela Workout VCV porting? Finger crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

I would love to see it too. Not that Clocked isn’t awesome, but Pam’s is such a go-to in Eurorack that it would be sweet to have.

2 Likes

Clocked is great, but it’s just a clock. Pam’s is a full blown everything do-er with all kinds of clocked modulation.

3 Likes

Thou shalt think for yourselves!

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still use Clocked for clocks even if I had Pams, but it’s the clocked modulation aspect that I’m really interested.

1 Like