Angelical Organic Voices?

Look for a patch i uploaded to patch storage called La Llorona. I generates some kind of flamenco singer lament.

1 Like

Thanking for providing the patch, the more the better. It is good we all feel confident to share our individual efforts in this community. I will give the poor singer some joy in her life if I can. Much appreciated, stay safe and well!

2 Likes

I have just played Worker 13’s Patch via my Laptop qwerty keyboard and it is truly magnificent! A ghostly/Angelic choir. So what would the LFOs achieve more movement in the sound, would you use Bogaudio’s 8 Lfo? I like the fact you have put a Vult Knob for the Frequency cut off. Thanks once again.

Any joy, getting the beautiful Angelic choir from this patch? Other people’s patch below have provided better patches for this sound: Worker 13 Poly Synth Choir patch. Excellent Choral Cathedral. djandino’s ‘Look for a patch i uploaded to patch storage called La Llorona. It generates some kind of flamenco singer lament.’ Is also good. The technique and method are all there, just depends how immense you want the sound to be!? Chorus, reverb and maybe delay added to the patches would give it that deep immense sound.

Those interested in this thread may enjoy this piece. It has a Bohrenesque darkness to it, but there’s still a choir in there:

Truly wonderful, angelic voices indeed, is this patch on Patchstorage? I would love to try this set up out. I can always recreate it from a screenshot if not! I have used Rainbow in the past but never got such beauty from it. Going to have try it out. Thanks for let us look at it! Stay safe and well!

IDK, you’d have to ask @existentia about it. I was just combing through the forum, listening to stuff. When I heard those (Fallen) Angelic Voices, I remembered this thread, so I thought I’d make the connection here.

Like yourself, I also really appreciate it when folks are generous enough to share their patches either directly on the forum or via patchstorage. Videos are obvi useful, but it can be hard to figure out exactly what’s going on. Not everyone’s down with that level of sharing, though.

1 Like

Patchstorage is slower than death right now, so I hope that’s actually uploaded properly.

The “voices” are all Supercell feeding from Rainbow.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, let’s hope that Patchstorage has behaved itself. I have created a patch with Rainbow and got percussion out of it so far, but not used that many modules yet. See how that progresses.

Patchstorage gave me no issues. I found the unreleased Southpole (or “southpole”) module used in the patch here:

…but so far have been unable to find “PolyBraids of PolyAudibleInstruments”. However, neither is needed for the Bohren & Der Club of Sad Angels Choir. If you happen to remember where to find it, that’d be useful, though.

That developer made a polyphonic version of Braids.

I took the Southpole stuff from GitHub - netboy3/southpole-vcvrack-plugins: Southpole Modules for VCV Rack

1 Like

Also, thanks for mentioning Bohren. I just now searched them out and am rather enjoying what I’ve heard.

1 Like

I’m guessing I never listened to Tomita’s version of Pictures At An Exhibition before. I love it now, too. It’s really playful and imaginative, unapologetically “electronic,” and absolutely not robotic. You’re right, the choirs are organic sounding. The chickens are pretty cartoonish, and hilarious!

@ady34 https://dood.al/pinktrombone/

(this is a joke.)

Well that is a rather good way to illustrate the workings of the throat and all that is involved! It might be worth recording and using as a sample in VCV Rack. See what I can do with it. Thanks, not as good as the Blob Choir though!

just for fun:

I have the vinyl of this, he describes his technique; lots of layering, I’m pretty sure the modules used are listed on the back cover too …

No formants or consonants, but I think this does an amazing job of sounding like an angelic choir:

6 Likes

Here is my X-mas experiment

Enjoy!

3 Likes