Al's Rack Patches

Oh yeah, love this Wobble one! And thank you for the Galaxy tips the other day, its been pretty awesome so far and really easy to use.

1 Like

Happy to help what little know-how I have, isn’t this a great creative community?!

1 Like

Very nice Al, love the beat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a patch that came into my head this morning featuring ADSR saws and reso with a hesitant sinister beat. Two Seq-3’s run same sequence but one at ¼ speed and the other at 2x speed.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! It’s got this really great tense feeling to it, like a piece of film music in a buildup scene. And love it when the lower octave kicks in, and that rimshot sounds amazing.

1 Like

Thanks Lars for your comments - that was the feel I was going for :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was really heavy. I like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was super tasty, love this!

1 Like

Two_x_seq
This restful little patch with a sharp unimaginative title uses two SEQ-3’s, one running at 8 steps, the other at 7, each of the three rows are slightly different sequences and chosen in turn by the ML sequential switch, alternating between 8 and 7 beats, since the UP trigger is taken from step 8 of the first Seq-3 unit. The sequences are each fed into 2 FM-ops via JW quantisers, set to Cm.

You end up with a nice little polyrhythm thing going on, with 6 intertwining melodies, fed through 2 different delay units.

Accompanying background courtesy of 3 saw units also feeding from the JW quantisers, set to Cm.
Vult Tangents and Lateralus add the filters to the saw modules.

Possibilities are endless, if you take different steps from the two seq-3 modules as the Up or Down triggers for the two Sequential switches. You can end up with something similar to the mighty Scorovnik sequencer in terms of utility.
Does any of this make sense?

1 Like

Yes, it makes perfect sense Al and I love these techniques. Interwoven, swirling and alternating sequences are some of my favorite meat. This is just a lovely piece Al, great tune, nice sequences, it breathes and lives, nice sounds. I really like it, well done!

1 Like

wow thanks Lars - glad you like it! Plenty to experiment with this core set of modules!

1 Like

This is a sequencer fest, 3 running at 8,7 & 6 steps, 8 separate sequence lines running out into 5 sound generators, Seq-2 switches feeding in and out the different voicing as the melodies intertwine. Did someone say wine?

Fabulous rubbery wubbawubba bass courtesy of XFX wave gen and XFX filter F-35. They are so great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s really nice Al, I like it! Would love to see you try this in Foundry and have the sequences go through different transpositions and scales.

1 Like

Now there’s a challenge - I’m not yet familiar with Foundry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it. :+1:

This ambient sequencer patch is driven by SK’s Turing machine through ML’s Quantum, into Valley Dexter, BogAudio FM-op, a pair of Squinky Saws, Palm loop voice fed from BogAudio’s ADDR-seq set to 7 steps, Macro Oscillator through a tremolo module and finally a couple of hi hats via Bernoulli switch. All my favourite modules:) Hope you enjoy!

Patch here if you want to have a play: envy.vcv (48.8 KB)

2 Likes

Algon- where an ordinary cup of drinking chocolate is no longer available.

Ambient fun with MSC Hacks’ Dronez. Brings to mind an evening queuing for a beverage at an offworld hostelry in an inclement atmosphere of noble gases.

Random triggers to a couple of Drones - one receiving a slow LFO control voltage = glorious instant alien ambience deftly managed by Valley’s Plateau cranked up to just-over-too-much :slight_smile:

Patch: Algon.vcv (38.2 KB)

3 Likes

A Brand X reference Nice!

2 Likes

Just need the Phil Collins jazz drum module…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting patch Al. Those are some really nice sounds in that piece!

1 Like