Al's Rack Patches

Many thanks Lars! Here’s todays composition; Fourchordex - thanks to AdiQ for pointing me in the right direction to control Dexter’s chords & root notes - simple 4-chord sequence changing from major to minor with a slow 4-step sequence.

The second sequencer runs a couple of treble patterns in B minor with L-R delay ping pong.

Melody line provided by EvenVCO driven by Turing Machine through a Quantum module set to B minor scale. Dexter B-channel provides some bass reinforcement. All VCF’s courtesy of Vult.

Patch: 4chordex.vcv (48.6 KB)

5 Likes

My one complaint with this piece is that it was so comfortable, the end felt too soon. I could’ve listened to another five minutes at least.

2 Likes

A fine compliment, many thanks - download the patch and you can leave it running all day! :smiley:

Galactose is my favorite of these new patches, but Fourchordx is really nice too! Thanks for sharing!

wondernice! :slight_smile:

Yesterday I revisited Omri’s excellent tutorial/walkthrough on the Geodesics Entropia, there’s so much to it, and a lot of features very well covered by Omri. This patch is a result of me experimenting with two entropias, one generating a 2 x 8 seq pattern, the other modulating the VCO’s from that pattern via Vult filter modulation.

1 Like

Great tune Al, I really like it, sounds like a classic!

Very nice delays, but the tune ends so abruptly :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dexters Moonlight Joggers, simple 2-chord progression and my first attempt at mixing in a drum track with the synth sequences. Hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

These are some really nice patches :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Friday Patch: Repercussion

drum sequencer, seq-3 - 2 x 8 patterns, through FM-op, macro oscillator and a turing machine feeding a macro2. Hope you enjoy, patch here if you want to play with it: repercussion.vcv (175.8 KB)

3 Likes

this Fourchordex is ridiculously good. This repeating melody is so catchy. I wouldn’t recommend for this one because the chords sound pure and beautiful the way they are, but have you ever tried modulating the levels of the Dexter operators with envelopes like you would with a DX or Ableton’s Operator? You can get some pretty complex evolving timbres this way and still keep it subtle. I keep meaning to try this more myself. Anyway, nice work Al, love your patches!

1 Like

Thanks Adi! Ive tried using an LFO to modulate shape, chord inversion on the master controls to get a smooth slow transition, there’s so much to experiment with on Dexter.

2 Likes

I like that one Al. Great use of the drums for a nice rhythm! And nice breaks too.

1 Like

I like it! :smiley:

1 Like

This Sunday Morning patch uses dexter for a slow swelling chord sequence, evenVCO square and triangle wave combo driven by Turing machine for some ambient background, a macro oscillator and a pair of resonators, FM-OP for high end sequencer line with ping pong echo. Plateau, as ever, provides buckets of reverb goodness. A single AS-Tri-LFO and a BogAudio LFO provide all the modulation for the sound generators.

1 Like

Earcandy, really nice Al! I love all those modulations and the way they bring the piece to life.

1 Like

I promise this is the final patch for a while!

Sentient Sinister - Testing out ducking from the kick drum trigger. Turing Machine into FM-OP gives the echoed melody line via Quantum and BGA slew, through a Vult Debriatus. Bass chords from a Resonator cycling through 3 notes, then into a maxed out Tremelo. Percussion Courtesy 16-step Gate Seq and Autodafe drum kit. Patch here: sinister.vcv (178.5 KB)

3 Likes

Ion-Exchange patch - uses Geodesics Ions sequencer at its heart, feeding into some ML Modules Evolution, Quantum & shift registers, a varied range of sound generators and the usual fab modulations from Vult as well as Valleys indispensable Plateau for some reverb goodness.

2 Likes