AdiQ patches/music

amazing :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much @rsmus7 !!

THat’s really nice!

1 Like

Thanks so much Al!!

Couldn’t take it anymore, after years of hearing about them, I finally had to try these Valhalla plugins for myself. After trying all the demos I couldn’t live without the Delay and the Shimmer one. Passed on the Vintage Verb for now, although imo it did sound the best to me out of all the normals reverbs they have. After buying, I took a survey and they gave me a free SpaceModulator plugin, woohoo!

Anyway, this is just kind of a rough demo of me trying them in a VCV patch, bringing in the dry sounds then turning the 3 effects up until I get a wash of Entropia, Rings, & Valhalla goodness!

My final verdict: the shimmer is almost like a one trick pony but I’ve never heard anything quite like it come out of my computer before, I think I really love this sound. And the delay seems to do it all: delay, echo, reverb, and does its own kind of shimmer with the pitch mode, I think this one is a must have, sounds awesome in 1000 different ways.

8 Likes

Great sounds Adi!

1 Like

Sounds really nice. Have you tried any other plugins to compare the Valhalla ones to?

1 Like

That’s really beautiful @AdiQ

1 Like

really nice! Rich shimmery harmonics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much @LarsBjerregaard , @roomofwires , @veryfungi , & @alheeley ! I’m pretty blown away by these tools ability to transform pretty plain little parts into big fun sounds

@roomofwires I have not compared much with the Valhalla stuff. I feel like anything that compares is probably too expensive for me. I’ve heard Vintage Verb is close to a classic Lexicon reverb but I’m really not sure. To me it sounded like it had a bit more character than the Ableton & Blamsoft reverbs that I love, but I don’t think it could replace Plateau in this department. Also, I tried building a shimmer effect in VCV & Ableton by reading articles about it and it was garbage compared to this Valhalla one, although you can get some cool grindy(not as smooth) stuff out of Clouds shifting it up an octave. And this Delay just does everything in one plugin, no comparison whatsoever to anything I’ve ever used.

2 Likes

Thank you. It does sound rather lovely.

I do like the Echo device that was new in Live 10.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that Echo is awesome, and I have one setup just to hear the Warble lol. So many great effects in that software (corpus, grain delay, erosion)

1 Like

Also the new creative and probability tools :slight_smile:

Beautiful work, Adi, really musical patch. One of the best I’ve heard. Might have to steal some ideas… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks so much Dave! And you are welcome to steal anything you like, I most likely stole everything from all the wonderful musical & technical stuff I learn from this community!

Been a minute since I’ve posted, so busy with life outside music, but wow, so many cool things happening within the VCV community. I haven’t fully nailed down how I will handle polyphony yet, and I’m still just enjoying the simple things I am already familiar with. However, I just discovered this free vst effect called “bubbler” by Tom Erbe, and oh my gosh, its like Clouds on steroids. It’s a grain delay effect that has 8 different channels of grains going at once to create a nice full textured sound that will even play chords. For this patch I made a simple bassline with Rings that plays on its own, but I sent a copy through bubbler and pitched it up an octave to make a granular pad. This sound, like many granular sounds, was a little harsh at first, like some of the high frequencies would ring out too loud and long, almost like a high-pitched grinding, but if you cut them out it with eq it ruins the sound. So I tamed it with Spectra by lowering decay times for certain frequency bands. It worked but was a little dull for my taste, so I kept trying stuff, and eventually sticking white noise into the aux of Spectra somehow brought some nicely tamed brightness back. Then I added a FM-OP arpeggio played by Entropia. Using Valhalla Vintage Verb for the pad and arpeggio. Hope you guys enjoy!

Here’s a link to the free vst called bubbler if you want to check it out, there’s some other interesting ones too like a pitch delay and a sound reverser: http://www.soundhack.com/freeware/

5 Likes

Sounds cool, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Very nice Adi

1 Like

Thanks Paul! Yeah definitely check it out, I’m getting all kinds of crazy goodness out of this plugin…

Thanks Lars!