AdiQ patches/music

Seems like many folks here are making single threads for their VCV music posts…

Here’s my first play with Entropia (wow, this thing is so nice) and had to show love to Ferox (probably my favorite filter in VCV, that “Bite” knob gets me everytime). A bit lazy on the drums I suppose, next time, next time :slight_smile:

15 Likes

This is brilliant. I live the bass, and the lazy drums work in this instance for me

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks Jim! That TWLV harmonic oscillator into Ferox is a beast

Thanks Marc! Love this new sequencer you guys put out, its truly magical :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a little sound experiment inspired by a few artists I’ve been listening to a lot lately, but it was Omar Brown’s AM post on facebook that led me to the bright idea of using Tides 2 as an AM modulator of a whole patch, since you can manipulate the waveform in so many different ways. So, I’m just basically plugging Tides vco into the vca on my main mixer before it goes into a stereo delay and out. You can get anywhere from a slow tremolo, to a gritty sound degradation effect, to a full on robot ring mod kind of thing by adjusting frequency, octaves, and the waveform. And, if you take the cv from one of your melodies or pitches going into your bassline, and plug into Tides v/oct you get this subtle harmony that kind of glues the whole patch together. Anyway, I’m pretty excited to get this to sound how I hoped it would sound, and hope you guys can use this musically in some way too.

2 Likes

Hate to do 2 in a day, but this one is more of a finished thing opposed to just a patching idea.

3 Likes

Just getting real loud with our new toys…

A couple things I noticed about Interzone: It can get pretty crazy when you get 2 of these synths cross talking to each other through the EXT inputs with different glide amounts or octaves on each. Also turn on the S&H within the lfo and have it drive the filter cutoff then modulate the lfo frequency. Not sure what’s up with the VCA input, doesn’t seem to work as expected.

7 Likes

chilled out patch with this crazy clock & melody system i came up with on the first row using lfos, Jooper, & AttackSustainRelease. 2nd row is a couple Rings & an EV3>Ferox to make 4 total voices. 3rd row is mixer & effects.

9 Likes

Not sure how I missed this… Awesome sounds Adi!

1 Like

Thanks Jim!

Pure beauty. Very clever. Bravo Adi.

2 Likes

Booom! Heavy side chaining. Usually, I’m not very fan of it, but here, it make sens. All that sounds huge. I think I’m a fan of your work Adi.

1 Like

Thanks so much Denis! About side chaining, I used to do it all the time with a VCA and inverted envelope, but that got old, I barely use it anymore unless I am knee deep in mud. I saw Artem do “spectral sidechaining” with Parametra in one of his VCV Rack Ideas videos, and I really think it is way cooler sounding than just plain old ducking, especially when trying to exaggerate the effect you aren’t completely cutting out all frequencies.

Just a cool patching trick I wanted to share. So, I kept seeing this video online while searching physical modeling https://youtu.be/fZ1rviedGvc and finally just watched it and was kind of amazed by how cool this trick sounded in the video, so of course I had to try in VCV Rack. Mine doesn’t sound as cool as hers’ does in the video but I did take it a step further and excite Resonators with it(Rings & Elements). The “Karplus Strong” part is everything in the top row from the Bog S&H to the Vult Stabile filter. And here’s the patch if anyone wants to mess with it, although was pretty easy to setup using her flow chart at the end of the video. Karplus1.vcv (27.4 KB)

3 Likes

Wow! Very impressive stuff. I agree with McMij that the ‘lazy drums’ work well in this patch.

EDIT: Was responding to first track, in case that wasn’t obvious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much @wouterspekkink ! Yeah sometimes I just don’t feel like adding more modules and switches and sequencers and wasting time trying to get fancy, just want to use what I already have in the patch, so I’m glad you guys think that worked out drum-wise. I’ll try not and get lazy every time though:)

1 Like

Probably spent more time just getting the sounds right, and was hard to turn into a linear composition, lots of random notes except for the 16step sequence coming from Phrase-Seq going to Rings(the feedback part at the end), the kick, and the snare. I love Ferox so much for arpeggios, still my all time favorite filter in Rack. And oh my, Rescomb2 is a beast, especially when paired with AS Stereo Delay’s send/returns and maybe a LP filter in the chain.

7 Likes

I’m behind on my music listening in here… :-/ Wonderful patch Adi, I love it! So many things going on. Lovely tune and sounds. I especially like your use of Wave in there. I can always count on you making interesting music and patches, and always look forward to listening to them. Great work!

2 Likes

Liking Crutch well done, I need to try that trick of putting rescomb in the delays send/return you mentioned. Thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

1 Like