Will someone please put some pants on Nysthi modules?

I didn’t know that! How could I have missed that in the manual :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The module is only described and tagged as blank. The theme setting is stored in “Documents/Rack2/plugins/NYSTHI/curr_user_res”. Ouch… so it disappears on upgrade.

Eh… uhmm… how can I say… Would LOVE them all at 6 times the size, yeah, that’s it.

I won’t complain about the gifts from Antonio, some of them are fantastic. I’ll only say that all those modules, with a consistent and well proportioned UI and great usability, would be a KILLER plugin. For now it’ll just have to be great…

1 Like

It shouldn’t do, or at least doesn’t on Linux. There are a few themes which come with come with the plugin so they should remain across any updates.

nope, they don’t get lost, many an update (I always run latest build) and never an issue

Ok, well that’s good to know. I was under the impression that when Rack downloads and installs a new version of a plugin from the library, it wipes the previous plugin directory and unpacks the new one. But maybe I’m wrong.

I believe it updates any files in the plugin and leaves any other files in tact.

1 Like

I like them with the pants off! Also, I’m from the UK so assume you mean trousers. Either way, Nysthi modules are awesome and I’m not bothered at all how they look. Give them a try!

3 Likes

The community of users should self organize and write manuals, since modules are free, that would be a fair contribution, I think.

Also , there are no descriptions on ports and knobs, it mostly says ‘input’ ‘ouput’ or #1, #2. Not sure how community can help here, without source code at least.

2 Likes

In surge one of the most valuable team members we have contributes mostly by maintaining the manual (and also by testing the new features and finding bugs they don’t think should be documented - chuckle). It is real work and a really rewarding way for folks to contribute without having to understand c++ threading or what not!

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes, but I think that fellow is long gone from the community. But a fork and a restart could be an idea.

I believe that nysthi is not open source, or is it?

edited

do you mean a fork of the manual

I seem to remember he had health problems. I did a few manuals back then, but after he disappeared (and some others too) that development stopped.

But of course if there are enough people who would be willing to contribute, there’s no reason why it couldn’t be picked up again.

There was some sort of format that he wanted it to be in, but I don’t know how necessary that is.

1 Like

Yes. You could restart the manual project from a fork of that manual repo.

1 Like