Will someone please put some pants on Nysthi modules?

The Gui is just hard to look at. If it was actual hardware I could never bring myself to use it. In fact why arent all the developers putting more pride into the appearance of their modules?

1 Like

3 Likes

There’s always ‘that’ guy…

9 Likes

I think I’d bring myself using free Eurorack modules very easily…

2 Likes

These, as actual hardware, are especially hideous, I would never, eww

3 Likes

“if only it would look good, maybe then it would also sound good”

2 Likes

This is the same thinking that leads to people respecting the opinions of someone wearing a suit and shoes over someone in jeans and sneakers without hearing them utter a word.

13 Likes

One of the best things about Eurorack is that there are no aesthetic standards or rules. All VCV modules, whether free or paid, provide each potential user with the choice to use them or buy them or not.

I may not be too fond of the NYSTHI aesthetic, but I am a great fan of the massive utility of those free modules.

13 Likes

I think it would be tricky for anyone to produce practical GUIs for NYSTHI in the same amount of space without losing some functionality. I understand the multi coloured aesthetic isn’t for everyone, but when there are multiple rows of knobs clustered together it seems to make sense to have them differentiated visually like that. Also, he produced a lot of modules based on the Buchla look and he can’t get the blame there!

3 Likes

“In the mix, no-one can hear your screen.” - Chris Johnson, Airwindows.

I know it’s not 100% relevant, but I like his philosophy.

15 Likes

Don’t know, sounds a bit Alien to me.

2 Likes

nice replies folks. Im just saying maybe if the modules looker better Id would be interested in using them.

I wouldnty use it unless I had no other option

I like the Nysthi look, they’re quirky and have their own vibe, some of them seem to have no visual style in common with the others and a lot of them have cool lights. I hope he never changes them.

6 Likes

Agreed. Nysthi modules with a different GUI will just be weird.

1 Like

Buchla?

2 Likes

I dare say that Buchla took pride in the aesthetics of his hardware.

2 Likes

I like the Nysthi look as well :man_shrugging:

Personally, I feel like it gives nice variety and quirkiness to patches that use 'em.

2 Likes

(I do hope my sarcasm was obvious, btw!)

3 Likes

Ooooh I do love this forum’s “ignore” mode. Makes it much more pleasant on here.

4 Likes