Wilderness Soundscape Challenge (August 2024)

Just a little reminder that we have a few days left in August. If you want to submit a wilderness patch, please do so no later than Saturday. This has been so much fun and we’ve seen a lot of creative takes so far. I’m sure there is a little more wilderness in somebody out there, and it needs to be expressed!

1 Like

Here is my attempt at stormy weather. You’re stuck on an alien planet, at least some of the wildlife sounds familiar…

Patch on patchstorage.

I’m pretty sure it should load “freely”. Let me know if I’ve missed something. I’m using paid versions of Vult modules but I’m pretty sure they’ll autoload the free version also (there is no difference in the simple filters I’m using).

The “frogs” texture (Prince of Perception, et. al.) is from Omri Cohen tutorials, first one on making karplus-strong “frogs” and then a delay setup modeled on the “Soma Cosmos” pedal. It’s really fun to change the Patch Master controls. They may have been sacrificed for more modulation options but I’m simply running out of time.

Unfortunately, I noticed that both Chances and the Benoulli Gate modules seem to not like the way my PC stutters when trying to record video. Even if I increases the percentages it seems off. I’m not sure if something is off when the DSP stutters. So if you want to check out lighting with many repeat strikes you’ll have to try the patch.

7 Likes

This is wonderfully realistic for a synthetic creation! I really enjoyed seeing this drop here on the final day.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I agree with Don: that’s a nice one, and it sounds very realistic. Even though it’s an alien world, I felt relaxed when listening. The rain sounds like falling on a protecting awning, perhaps made of leaves, and I saw me sitting on a terrace of a small hut under the awning, having a Coffee or Whiskey or both, and listening to the concert of nature.

2 Likes

I get this

but the patch plays ok anyway

If you want to :

1 Like