Where MSCHACK went to?

Am I alone here, or are other punters missing mschack in vcv 2? Among other solid kit, they make a GREAT clock.

cheers

Maybe ask the developer for porting his module to v2.

Last time I talked to them on Twitch.tv they were kind of over the whole thing. There was some idea of adding some commercial modules but they have only been released to trusted testers.

That’s been done. Felipe Coelho (aka FalkTX) responded that he’d got the plugin working for his Cardinal project. If I recall correctly there was no response from the original developer.

I really miss mscHack’s ASAF-8. A great module for bringing different voices in and out of a patch and creating scenes.

They are indeed available:

Available where? The brand isn’t in the v2 plugin manager, and the github page for mschack only talks about 1.1.0, last updated three years ago. Is that from the PR that falkTX submitted?

1 Like

he said back in december he would maybe get to it after christmas.

the htfader by htlocal is a clone of the asaf. theres also a 16 channel version

2 Likes

Yes, although Cardinal has an additional patch for LTO (should maybe go into that PR).

However for Rack Pro (maybe not Free) some other work is needed. Something about a restriction on panels loading resources. → VCV Manual - Migrating v1 Plugins to v2

Jooper does that pretty well.

yes, thanks Jooper is a little complicated and the last time I used it I was getting clicks when it changed but that was over a year ago and may be fixed. I’ll have to try it again. Janneker and ASAF-8 were my go to modules for scenes and voices. I’ve been using htfader with janneker or a clock but htfader uses triggers where the asaf-8 uses gates - when the gate is high its on and when its low its off. htfader needs a trigger to turn on and another to turn off. Might not seem like much but creating scenes in VCV is complicated enough :wink: I’ll keep trying with Tact and other options. The VST is a whole other ball game now.

Squink 2.0 (vicariously to the rescue!! How you been, man?

haha - just fine!.Thinking I should change my user name to be different from the modules that @robert.kock maintains :wink:

Hello there and friendly greetings! So, more than a year has passed after the last message in this thread. I tried to reach for mschack but unsuccessfully, I only found out this PULL REQUEST on the OFFICIAL GITHUB that speak about something for Cardinal but apart that there is no news around, at least I’ve found nothing.

Mschack have a lot of good modules and apart the one I’m in love with (Alienz, Dronez, Morze, Windz, Lorenz noise generator and Ping Pong Delay) I really humbly think that it might be a good idea if someone could/would resuscitate it. Yes, there are a lot of new plugins that are shiny and maybe even better, nevertheless some are really missing and we (I hope to be right) can’t get enough of modules, do we?

Now… I admit to feeling quite ashamed. I keep asking to the community without returning anything, like a leech. :pensive: I don’t know what to say that would not sound like an excuse but really, I’ve read and read again all the steps of the manual about how to upgrade the modules and it’s totally out of my league.

So: is anyone of goodwill and infinite patience working on it or considering doing so? The only thing I can do with, is some graphics, at least if there is a need to change the layout of the modules I can do it.

mscHack modules won’t work on Rack v2 without considerable code rework, due to the version 2 of Rack requiring GUIs to be coded in a specific way (related to opening fonts and images).

it works in Cardinal because I put in place a few things to keep module compatibility more broad, there is a non-visible window created on start just to get a valid OpenGL context, which then gets swapped around when a real window is needed to be shown on screen. this allows to keep compatibility with old modules that were not coded with v2 restrictions in mind, which yes includes mscHack.

to be fair the v2 restriction is only related to Rack Pro, the current mscHack build from Cardinal would work on official VCV Rack standalone but it would crash Rack Pro as plugin.

we can’t just push to the library though, as VCV does not allow plugins there that only work on the standalone.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that… :frowning: And thank you so much for the exhaustive answer. But… what is the “standalone version” of VCV? I got the Pro and… I totally miss what you mean by standalone here. Can you elaborate a little bit? Just a little bit to dissipate my “fog of ignorance”? Thank you!

“run it in reaper as a vst3” is plug-in “start the exe” is standalone and the former is only available for rack pro while the later is available in both rack pro and rack free

1 Like

Looks like somebody loves you :wink:

off course this was meant for @SkwareUawe

2 Likes
3 Likes