What are you listening to?

An early foray for Bill Drummond and David Balfe after Big In Japan and pre KLF/Teardrops

Reminds me a little of Flying Lizards

1 Like

Thanks for putting this up here, a rare gem. Would not have found or even known about it.

1 Like

Speaking of outliers. Here’s German HipHop, with Autotune no less. What’s not to hate? Except, this has been on repeat this evening. Also, those synths. (Content warning, I guess, as evident by the preview frame: blood, implied violence)

1 Like

Seconded. This whole thread is really, really good!

3 Likes

I think somehow they listened to this song

1 Like

Limmy’s Techno Nursery Mix

I’m kinda on a sentimental music journey lately, revisiting old albums I used to love a lot. Turns out I love most of them still, after years and decades of not listening to them.

1 Like

My wife made me go see the bad seeds a couple of years ago. Had not seen them since 1985. It was shockingly good. many of the recent albums are quite good (check out the song “jubilee street”). also the web site where he answers questions is very good.

1 Like

If we’re talking Nick Cave then imma gonna have to put this here…

…also…

1 Like

The Rush-like Canadian duo, Crown Lands - Context: Fearless Pt. I

Child of the Universe (Lyrics) Desiderata - YouTube

new to me, sometimes interesting and beautiful things pop up on the tube:

2 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Never heard this version before, genius at work in any case…

6 Likes

Why We Bleep podcast interviews various luminaries in the synth world. The latest episode features Sean Costello who runs Valhalla DSP and is a major nerd on reverb

Skip to about 43 minutes in for an eye opening tale of just what Manfred Schroeder had to go through to develop the first digital audio processing algorithms.

1 Like