this soundtrack

heh heh

4 Likes

I m not sure what this song makes me feel, really

They are an odd band.

1 Like

i’m slowly getting back here…and could not miss this anniversary

7 Likes

I wonder how many people first learned of Beethoven’s 7th via “It’s The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown.”

Master of the sYntWavE :slightly_smiling_face:

Éternel masterpiece

2 Likes

I think many people know it from “the king’s speech”. I think I know it from the soundtrack to various art movies of the 70’s and 80’s.

one great movie that have is wes anderson The Darjeeling Limited

3 Likes

Wouldn’t most just know it because it’s Beethoven’s 7th?

1 Like

No. The Peanuts animation was the first I had heard any movement from the piece. My father was a fan of Beethoven and classical music in general, but he never played that piece, and he had some legitimate reasons to not care for it. Similarly, I respect Mozart’s place in the canon, but it’s highly unlikely I’ll seek out listening to his music.

Weird. What is there to not like about Mozart?

To my ear, his rhythms, melodies, and harmonies are overly simple and too obsessed with the merely pretty. He offers my ear no adventure, unlike say Ravel, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, or Stravinsky. I have a deep loathing of art that appears too clever by half. Add to this my father playing Mozart records and CDs a lot of the time, and you might see how I could come to detest the pieces. I nevertheless respect his position in the canon, but he is just, very much, not to my taste.

1 Like

Ah. A cork-sniffer.

Lol, lets not be harsh now! I’m not a classical music person but I do like this piece, “inspired” by Mozart:

Minuetto Allegretto by the Wombles

1 Like