What are you listening to?

I’ve just bought Aphex Twin’s SYRO and it is brilliant - it is definitely worth a listen, and the CD packaging is great too: you get a list of all the gear he used, and there is quite a lot of it!

2 Likes

Love me some Aphex Twin. Probably one of my earliest memories of enjoying Electronic music, that didn’t fully realise itself until a decade and half later. But he had sown the seeds.

2 Likes

Feeling a little nostalgic today.

2 Likes

The Third Eye Foundation - Wake the Dead

Recommended if you like psychedelic dub/subs

1 Like

We’ve been stressed with my mum going into hospital, but my son Cam and his mates put on a stellar Genesis tribute show.

4 Likes

are they doing The Squonk ? :slight_smile:

Yes, they played Squonk (not your Squonk :wink: )

1 Like

Which one is your son?

listen to an excellent, no, outright amazing jazz concert by medeski martin & wood - so much funk and joy!

i especially enjoy medeski’s keyboard wizardry, and he has a collection of original instruments that makes me jealous: hohner clavinet, hammond a100 organ, wurlitzer electric piano, a mellotron and a moog voyager (and a few other items).

1 Like

Thanks for asking. My son is Cameron, second from the left on bass mostly, filling in the Mike Rutherford role. He’s usually on guitar when he’s composing and on his own albums. He took up bass for this cover band.

I’ve always been a big early Genesis fan, and it’s so cool to see this :slight_smile: . I’m looking forward to the next gig.

2 Likes

I think I mentioned him somewhere previously in this thread, but the inimitable Scott Walker has now transcended this mortal coil. Extremely sad and unexpected news today.

1 Like

What am I listening to? The sound of the blood pounding in my head. I’m doing my 2018 taxes. Thank you, President Trump and Republican Congress. May you all get a nice case of cholera.

Came across this on a journey through a bunch of Electronic stuff, and it is a new fav.

Objekt - Cocoon Crush [Bandcamp]

2 Likes

the minimalist ambient genre named lowercase inspires me very much:

2 Likes

Never underestimate the power of indoctrination, eehhh… I mean education :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been listening quite a bit lately, to Brian Eno’s “Reflection” from 2017. It’s pure, quiet generative ambient, that harkens somewhat back to “Ambient 2: On land”. It’s very soothing and pleasant to listen to, and is a kind of music I really like. I’ve become really interested in generative ambient, again. Gives me ideas for programming generative modules for Rack, uh oh…

5 Likes

Been listening a lot to Rival Consoles today, I always enjoy his textures and creativity.

1 Like

such exquisite beauty…

3 Likes

One of the greatest modern jazz acts. I especially love their collab with John Scofield.

1 Like

that’s one part of their work i don’t like, because i think guitar is boring… (i’m weird, i know)