What are you listening to?

5 Likes

We went to see a good band from Brisbane yesterday night:

1 Like

The band and the singers certainly gave me cognitive dissonance. I’m glad you enjoyed :slight_smile:

This Aussie band I really like:

1 Like

I stage managed a show with them in San Francisco. In like 1980? I think Wall of Voodoo and DOA opened?

For Siouxsie, I guess? I like Wall of Voodoo and DOA as well.

yes, she was the headliner.

semi amusing story: I was in a record store in new york (maybe 1986?) and some kid came in and asked “I’m looking for DOA’s single of discos sucks”. The clerk said “you will never find that”. I said “I have that. How much is it worth”? The clerk said “well, that depends on whether you are an asshole or not”. It was a good point, so I gave him the single.

2 Likes

Some lush Laswell bass on this Sunday morning

3 Likes

Perhaps acquired taste, but I must say I enjoy listening to Eivør

6 Likes

I fired up my Mac Mini that I had not used for almost 4 years, and rediscovered something like 90 GB of music in the iTunes library. I wanted to review it because I’m getting an iPhone and wanted to load it up with some music. Classical, Punk, Surf, New Wave, Math Rock, Beatles, Pink Floyd, DarkWave, Led Zeppelin, Joni Mitchell, Shoegaze, you name it.

What a trip down memory lane that was.

Two from my “Road Trip” playlist:

That’s why people buy Telecasters.

The first time I heard “El Rayo” on the radio the host said after “Gotta love them party horns!”. Sort of like a souped-up Conjunto music.

1 Like

I realize now that the sound of David Lindley is the sound of Jackson Browne. Always like JB, but never liked DL. Now I am a convert.

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome, I had a couple of jams with Reinhardt back in South Africa years ago. A brilliant musician!

1 Like
3 Likes

Glass Beams are awesome !

2 Likes

Listened to this one for the first time in about 35 years, and it stills sounds so fresh and modern to me :smiley:

4 Likes