What are you listening to?

hey, @warm_leatherette ! Is your name from the single by “The Normal”, or from the Grace Jones version? Or neither?

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

of course, the most sultry of their tracks, love Yello

1 Like
3 Likes

Fripp played on several Van Der Graff Generator songs. His double solo at the end of this song is quite “fripp like”.

1 Like

I know, I also love VdGG, I have all the records, and most of Peter’s solo ones. H to He is up there with some of the best VdGG…

1 Like

haha, didn’t know you were a fan. Yeah, I think my two faves are H to He and Still Life. One of the greatest strokes of luck from my past was seeing PH solo in a punk rock club in 1978.

I saw Peter live 4 times on 2 continents, and VdGG during their reunion tour in Utrecht NL. That show blew the roof off, still one of my all time faves. Also, check, I posted A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers here many moons ago, still I consider that their masterpiece

Yeah, I have the CD of the first reunion in London, it’s awesome. Of course I know plague well, but I have to confess I don’t like it as much as some of their “easier” stuff. Of course they stuck Man Erg on that record (at least in the US?). PH did sing that song when I saw him solo.

Here is a young VdGG live

And Peter at around the same time solo

And here is a Rockpalast recording of the same tour I saw them on in Utrecht, NL.

2 Likes
7 Likes

My son being interviewed about his new prog/“Rock In Opposition” album

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I love youtube. So many discoveries. I just found a dog.

1 Like

For some reason, it reminded me of this:

1 Like