What are you listening to?

Before the split the Human League were putting out some pretty heavy industrial electronica. This is their second single, released as a 12" EP a few months after Being Boiled. It’s always been a favourite of mine.

I found out today that the synth used was a Roland System 100. Roland System 100 - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Gentle Norwegian Jazz

1 Like

Used to have that ans record

General Fuzz has been among my favorite electronic artists for many years…

4 Likes

thanks for the tip! New discovery for me.

1 Like

1 Like

haha - I have several Julie London records. since today is Oscar ™ day we were listening to:

1 Like

That’s at the Myer Music Bowl here in Melbourne

1 Like

Attended this year’s Guthman Musical Instrument Competition concert last night. Some really innovative instruments this year and some of the demo performances were quite musical and entertaining (which isn’t always the case at the Guthman :slight_smile: )). (I particularly liked the Body Mouth (which sadly did not win a prize - but was an amazing synthesis of dance, music and technology) and the Babel Table (which took the 2nd place prize).

https://guthman.gatech.edu/

Short videos demoing the finalist instruments here: 2024 Finalists | Guthman Musical Instrument Competition

The Body Mouth demo performance:

well, that’s where they are from!

RIP Karl Wallinger

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

They had other hits, but this was the biggie. For the musos out there, it’s a song with a very strange structure. Even the guitar solo is played on an acoustic.

This has been an earworm for me since 1975. Rest easy Steve Harley.

3 Likes