What are you listening to?

“Early Music” (more accurately, mostly pre-Renaissance Western European music:-):

Radio Garden – Ancient FM

And now for something co…

2 Likes

Mellow sounds for a weekend morning

2 Likes

Love Weather Report so much and this one is a favorite for many many years. They could be soft and subtle or a vicious juggernaut often in the same tune.

haha - that reminded me to pull this oldie off the shelf:

3 Likes

All of seventies ECM records are great, Abercrombie deserves much more attention he is just terrific.

This one is probably my fave ECM record.

2 Likes

I saw gateway back in the day. And I saw those two guys backing up Jarrett not so long ago!

1 Like

Listening to a lot of John Barry stuff today. Lots of lush sweeping strings and the like

And of course some great Shadows-y beat guitar tunes

3 Likes
1 Like

Coincidence, I was talking about Walkabout (1971) in a film forum a few days ago.

1 Like

I was 12/13 when I first saw it on late night BBC. I think it’s fair to say it had an effect on me and you can probably work out why. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw that a long time ago! Hanging rock is better?

I did point out similarities to Picnic At Hanging Rock in the film forum. Both leave the viewer with open questions to consider. I prefer Picnic, but I do regularly drive past Hanging Rock and I’m reminded of it more often. I also spend a lot of time out in similar country (I have a hobby working with rare plants).

1 Like
5 Likes

I was at a bar once and they were playing this on the stereo. The guitarist from Helmet was also at the bar, and he was playing air guitar along with it.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the opening track to this 2022 debut album of Absolute Purity from Shanghai. Discovered it randomly while moving through airport spaces during some recent travel, and it created a suitably epic backing track to that funny sense of isolation that one has in places like that.

Also I kept thinking the album cover gives ’ In the Court of the Crimson King’ a good run for its money.

1 Like

1 Like

Jamie Lidell was bigging this up on SonicState today, with good reason

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s nice, thanks for sharing!

There’s quite a lot of works written for Ondes Martenot, Naxos has a nice cd with works from different composers:

2 Likes