What are you listening to?

Wanted to post the great live version of this from this year’s Glastonbury, but it’s not on YouTube and imagine the iPlayer link will be geoblocked so here’s the studio version instead

Bit of a curio this, Dada were a Stax horns influenced jazz rock group who cut this one album. They eventually spun off into Vinegar Joe (who at one point turned down Phil Collins as drummer) which featured both Robert Palmer (Addicted to Love) and Elkie Brooks (Pearl’s a Singer).

1 Like

Sounds derived from processing of astronomical images…

2 Likes

Dada - Wow a blast from the past - I had the second track (The Last Time) on a compilation album, a sampler for Atlantic records but I never heard anything else by the band.

1 Like

Seems it is/was a genre, Bass cantates. Teleman, Corsi, Legrenzi, Bach

1 Like

@trickyflemming mentioned this album in the monome thread but I think it deserves to be here too, I’m still listening to it regularly as programming or driving music:

2 Likes

I would actually like to cancel my Spotify subscription but I guess I will just keep paying and hate how good it is in continuing a ~vibe and introducing me to stuff? Had Kool & the Gang’s ‘Summer Madness’ playing and this was a follow up.

Listening to a “Reptyle” playlist on Spotify last night while shaving.

2 Likes
1 Like

Dead Can Dance, from Melbourne. Lisa Gerrard has worked with Hans Zimmer and Klaus Schulze

7 Likes

If you drive listening to that, you’re probably in the car beside me that moves ahead :smile:

:smiley:

2 Likes

Absolutely love this album, The Ektachrome Dawn, from Taroplane. Been playing in a loop for days while working.

2 Likes

Nice. I used to be fairly active in VJ culture when it had become a thing and time lapse of car driving through nightly city was a staple that somehow never grew old and this is an awesome '23 version of that!

(Mostly unrelated, but it also reminded me of how I haven’t watched and heard this in a while:)

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

What a great live band this was.

6 Likes