What are you listening to?

There’s a podcast named Unspooled where Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson review classic movies and this week they looked at Blazing Saddles. While discussing the famous cowboy beans scene Amy mentioned there is a recording from 1904 of Le Petomane, and here it is in all its glory

1 Like

A personal hero of mine, I didn’t think any recordings existed :star_struck:

Same, remember Vic Reeves did a skit about him years ago and wondered what the real one sounded like. Got to be said, there’s an impressive amount of wind and obviously no edits.

3 Likes

I hope Oz wins it because Liverpool is too close to home and the other side of the world for next time is as far away as possible. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Having said that, how is Australia taking part in a European competition?

2 Likes

It gets lots of attention in Aus, so they let us join in

1 Like

I haven’t been on a concert in ages - stupidly excited that I’m going to see - and feel - them in a few months.

2 Likes
1 Like

These are great!

1 Like

Brian Eno provided “worms”, effects for this Peter Gabriel track

As well as Russell, who set things in motion, Four Kinds of Horses also features Brian Eno on synths which “sounded like electric worms to me,” says Gabriel. “As soon as I heard one I thought they would make a great three dimensional wall paper of sound and asked Brian to create eleven more.”

I find it hard to pick out. There’s so many layers to these new songs. It’s actually part of why I’m not very drawn to them. Sounds overplayed and overproduced and lacks clarity and punch. The strength of the songs can’t actually carry that many instruments IMHO.

I love finding out something new about a (nearly 50 years old) track that makes you change your view of it. This song was basically Ron Wood’s creation, set for his solo album before a bit of Stones renegotiation…

also, this Jeff Buckley outtake cover of a lesser known Dylan song was on the soundtrack of the show Dead Ringers and sounds great

1 Like

Maybe that Dylan song is less well known than some, but it’s been covered many times. Of course, as usual, Rod did it best.

3 Likes

You may be more familiar with Giorgio Sancristoforo’s amazing boutique software.

3 Likes

reminds me of this excellent Jeff Buckley cover:

Felix Rösch, Humming Bird

The electronic version

The reworked version for strings

1 Like