What are you listening to?

Since half the band died recently there has been some press. Good enough time to listen the them. I have a mere 7 or 8 of their albums, but listening to all those took some time. This is from the most recent. If you haven’t heard it, I think by the second verse they run the entire mix through a fuzz box. Pretty crazy. They did it live that way, too.

3 Likes

I listened to the whole soundtrack in one sitting. It stands on its own as an immersive experience. I love the moods and textures. Newman even sneaked in a little beatboxing. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes
1 Like

I am currently listening to Charlie V on YouTube-all VCV rack productions, anyone on here go by that alias?

VCV Rack |17| - YouTube

I listened to this on the “CBC Listen” app (Playlists/Modern Masters) while I was shaving tonight.

If I had not read the metadata I would have sworn that it was all synth.

John Luther Adams: “Become Ocean”

Conductor: Ludovic Morlot

Orchestra: Seattle Symphony Orchestra

℗ 2014 Cantaloupe Music

Oh, hey, there’s more:

2 Likes

OMG yes. The “Agnus Dei” section, especially from 23:55 to 25:24 always brings tears to my eyes. I just lose it every time. I finally got to hear it performed live by an amateur choir at a nearby church, with the Tesla Quartet contributing.

To me, Gabriel Fauré’s compositions always sounds like he’s an old man reminiscing about his first girlfriend, the one he hasn’t even told his wife about.

1 Like

Funny I just listened to this fabulous work of art yesterday for the first time. Glorious and unique.

My thoughts were that it could just as easily been synth, but far more interesting that it is acoustic instruments in an actual space.

Yeah, Low! I discovered them way too late, regretfully. Also, a musical staple of next weekend.

Gustavo Cerati and Soda Stereo is without a doubt the most influential and the most loved musician in all of Latin America. no one like them

Sometimes music crosses my path, by chance, and in passing without much consideration, I throw it into my general playlist. And then, by the magic of Shuffle, many months later, I get to listen for the first time. This is one of those.

2 Likes

This death touched me, I fricking loved Terry Hall and his deadpan Buster Keaton front man vibe

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Excellent acoustic cover of Tangerine Dream’s Poland

They’ve also covered Rush, Genesis and Gentle Giant; pretty cool

3 Likes

“Please stop dying…” RIP Martin Duffy

2 Likes

Oh, what a shame. Love this TFE cover. It sounds a bit muddy like it’s from a bootleg, but well, it has its charm

1 Like

FWIW I recorded this in an hour as a form of tribute

I forgot Duffy had also been in Felt, such a great band.

Remember seeing Primal Scream at a gig in Ladbroke Grove Subterranea, still at that time doing their Stones thing, but with a DJ set as support, obviously Screamadelica was brewing in their heads.

1 Like

Something melancholic in between:

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes