What are you listening to?

Tangerine Dream’s latest release, Raum

1 Like

I’m listening sample 125 of 33066. Just a few more to go. What a great weekend!

2 Likes

Seeing them in a couple of weeks with special guest steve Rothery. Lucky me.

1 Like

This is how to work a crowd

2 Likes

Listening to Colorado Modular Synth Society’s February Skies

3 Likes

I’m sure we had it here, but why not again

4 Likes

Simple Headphone Mind - Stereolab/Nurse With Wound

1 Like
2 Likes

Looks like you also fell in love with his discography :slight_smile:

:fire:

Dozens of popular classical waltzes.

I’m trying to identify a really familiar tune from a Japanese-made wind-up music box mechanism. There is a single small paper label with 5 or 6 Katakana characers on it. So familiar, yet I could not put a title to it. :thinking:

Later: With the aid of a magnifier, I identified the character on the sticker as メリ-ウイド

The phonemes that go with those are “me ri - u i dou”, with the hyphen as a spacer. I went to Google Translate with メリ-ウイド and after a few “Did you mean…” clicks it came back with “Merīu~idou” and the English version was given as (wait for it) “Merry Widow”, at which point I remembered it “Ah-ha! ‘Merry Widow Waltz’”, by Franz Lehar.

One more ear worm laid to rest.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve always loved the sound of the Hurdy-Gurdy. You probably like “Valravn” as well:

I saw them live many years ago in a small, intimate concert, one of the most riveting and explosive performances I’ve ever seen. That Anna Katrin…

1 Like
4 Likes

I was just listening to some of the 4 CD set of live stuff from 73-74!

Synchronicity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the odds are pretty good that at any given time some VCV person is listening to King Crimson!

7 Likes

Guilty :grin:

Also this which is in the same neighbourhood;

1 Like

Haha, yeah.

Well, not King Crimson…but ‘king’ Robert Fripp, collaborating with the another ‘king’ Brian Eno.

Brilliant in its apparent ‘simplicity’. And of course, Frippertronics in action.

Fripp & Eno ‎– Evening Star

Robert Fripp Frippertronics Demonstration 79

Or…with The Orb under FFWD

FFWD▸▸ (The Orb & Robert Fripp) - Orbert FFWD Demo 1993

Or with David Sylvian

David Sylvian & Robert Fripp - The First Day (HD)

4 Likes