What are you listening to?

So how did that work out? Was Mark the nice version or the cantankerous version. Saw them a load of times at Leeds Poly in the mid 80-90s.

Ha, never met the band, was stood by the lighting desk during a Fall gig at Uni (around when Bend Sinister came out) when their lighting guy asked could I just click a few things on and off while he went for a piss. So I did and one song turned to two then three and he never came back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably stood at the bar, watching you do a good job. He probably still got paid?

I cannot imagine people on the periphery of The Fall being paid much at all. He probably just resigned for an hour. Either way I bet you’re right he’d have ended up at the bar.

They were a groovy Krautrock derivative band at times-‘A mollusc in Tyrol’ is a fine example of this! True wouldn’t have thought he was a rich man through the lighting!

Something new to me popped up…

3 Likes

Formerly only available pressed on unobtanium, this legendary piece of post-rock history is now available to anyone with a streaming internet connection (&/or $6 canadian). It’s pretty raw and def not the place to start with GY!BE, but does contain glimmers of what was to come. May also be of interest to musical libertines like @ady34 (tho it does appear to contain 0% synth):

1 Like

Oh the noisy bleeders! Luv it, I can make random racket like that using Quadsimpler and a load of samples! Maybe some VCV guitars and…

1 Like

I went to go see these guys last November in Colorado. Had a pretty good time at the concert.

1 Like
5 Likes

RIP

2 Likes

I want to acknowledge this post but I feel weird about “liking” it.

RIP

3 Likes

Absolute classic 80’s Steve Lillywhite production on this, just listen to the crack on the snare

2 Likes

It’s been non-stop Mark Lanegan for me the last few years. Absolutely reeling that he’s gone.

2 Likes
3 Likes

He’s one crazy, funny guy, making some great sounds here.

oh yes, and don’t miss this one:

2 Likes

Somewhere high up in the list of best albums in many years (for me)

Connect.Ohm - 9980 (2012, remastered 2018)

Ultimae proudly presents the new remastered edition of Connect.Ohm’s first album 9980 a subtle and emotive story born of the musical encounter between Hidetoshi Koizumi aka Hybrid Leisureland and Alexandre Scheffer aka Cell.

The nine tracks on 9980 compose a serene ballad in atmospheric realms where finely chiseled rhythms and fluid melodies are sustained by discreet downtempo grooves and deep drones.

Koizumi’s widely spread, otherworldly, organic, sustained wizardry, compliments Scheffer’s spiraling, liquid, delicate yet sumptuous acid ambient type architecture. This combination creates a kinetic and spacious tapestry that stimulates the mind and soul. A pure delight for vast soundscapes audiophiles.

credits

released June 28, 2018

Written & produced by Alex Scheffer & Hidetoshi Koizumi. Mastered by Vincent Villuis & Vladislav Isaev at Ultimae Studios. Artwork by Arnaud Galoppe & Vincent Villuis. Words by Nocturnal Ghost | Igloomag.

nre054.2 - (C) & (P) 2018 Ultimae

The album is a continuous mix, one track flowing into the next. The playlists below are cut up per track.

Connect.Ohm - 9980 (2012)

Connect.Ohm - 9980 Remastered (2018)

3 Likes