What are you listening to?

Rick Beato deconstructing “Comfortably Numb”.

2 Likes

I just watched that last week :slight_smile: we must have similar YouTube feeds …

1 Like

whoa, This shouldn’t work, but man, it does…

This release from 2005 is still mindblowing today.

Yeah! Let’s do some great covers with brass! I liked this one very much:

Or, on a more serious note (not a cover):

(Yes, I am bingewatching Adam Neeley at the moment.)

2 Likes

Now I’m listening full album DreamTheater “Falling into Infinity”

1 Like
4 Likes

I strongly recommend that every time he mentions a name of a musician he is working with to look up that name and follow them. Shubh Saran for example:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Latest Discovery. Rather Futuristic sound, lots of quadral harmony and chromatic mediant shifts

My go-to, a legend, well balanced remix, very jazz chord progression

Died too early. Although he uses purely digital gear, it sounded warm and have some sort of nostalgic tinge to it (some say it is because of the bit rate reduction of early digital gear, I would say a well-balanced arrangement triggers emotion).

1 Like

I listen to a great set of remixes.

I’ve got a theremin. I think the higher-end theremins have CV output, and that’s what he’s using. I’ve used pitch detection & envelope followers in Reaktor to use the theremin to control softwre. Should give it a go in Rack!

From my childhood - the Thunderbirds theme played on a Yahama Electone. Please tell me some of this is preset …

There’s a lot of presetting going on here. Right before the recap you hear the rhythm track running, while the organist isn’t playing. Also the running lights between the two keyboards seem to indicate sound presets.

Instant love!

I can listen to music from this thread for a very long time. There are so many cool tracks that I just found out about!

1 Like

They sound like they are from Brisbane, because they are.