What are you listening to?

BTW, there’s a new VDGG box set out later this this year, 17CD + 3Bluray

The Charisma Years (burningshed.com)

I’ll have to check it out, but I think I got all the albums in original LP release, and the dutch CD’s that came out a decade or two ago (that sound really good). Might be to much of a good thing :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

ah - the infamous first album - or is it? btw, I saw Hammil solo in a punk club in 1978 or so. a) it was really good b) there were several uber-nerds at the very small show who seemed to have books of lyrics, and c) the regular punk crowd did not seem to have any idea what was going on.

1 Like

You sent me off to look at Peter Hammill’s stuff. I ran into his surprisingly Numanoid song “After the Show.”

3 Likes
1 Like

Got all the old Charisma releases and even one non-official live release. Also all the PH Charisma year stuff as well. The remasters don’t interest me too much but at least they were done, will show many folks how good these guys were, as unconventional as they were…

2 Likes
1 Like

Was listening to Roxy Music guitarist Phil Manzanera’s 1975 solo album ‘Diamond Head’ and this track jumped out because bits of the guitar parts ended up on Roxy’s later track ‘Mother of Pearl’

One interesting thing from reading up on the album was that he plays a ‘Tiple’ which is kind of like a classical guitar which has four sets of three strings kind of a like a bass where you could play a chord triad just by holding down one of the string sets.

1 Like

Melbourne band King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard have a new “synth-based dream pop album”, Butterfly 3000. They also have a few microtonal releases in their discography too.

1 Like

They also have a very large number of releases!

1 Like

Fun.

3 Likes

Oh, Yes. This is really fun :sunglasses: I like to hear my Supermax Albums on Vinyl. As an old sock, You know :smiley:

2 Likes

Let’s get back into space, Space!

1 Like

Huhh, what nice kind of electronic music. My preferred albums - decades ago - were ‘Deliverance’ and ‘Just Blue’ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Steven Wilson’s Voyage 34, originally released as a Porcupine Tree track

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

A great ending to a great weekend.