What are you listening to?

Playing around with making a eurorack version of Blue Monday after realising it will be 40 years since its initial release on March 7th.

I can’t seem to make my Erica Synths kick sound like the original DMX so I’m semi cheating by using DMX samples from Samples From Mars in my 1010 Bitbox.

Such a great track, played it hundreds of times yet that simple drum track get me every time.

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck playing samples from mars in SFZ player (for the ones that have an SFZ version).

A little bit after that song New Order were using three Voyetra-8s on stage. They were super nice. I ended up talking to them alone in some room backstage at Madison Square Garden. After a long talk about synths, I added an arpeggiator mode for them the next day. They said if I was ever in Manchester should come visit at the Hacienda. At the time I had never heard of that place.

2 Likes

Used to go to the Hacienda occasionally when I was a student in the 80s. It was a bit of a bad venue for gigs, not great acoustics or sightlines, but a fun place to hang out before it became super trendy and invaded by gangs. You used to be able to get a multi venue ticket that would get you into there and Sanky’s which unbelievably tried to replicate an Ibiza foam party nightclub in rainy freezing Manchester :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, always regretted not making it over there to see it.

It made a great first impression because the first thing you went through on the way in was long dangling translucent plastic sheets like you’d get if entering a commercial freezer. Not very Madison Square Garden.

For reference

1 Like

Nice, just to be clear the one I’m attempting will be purely hardware eurorack. Now have a Qu Bit Chords module for the poly chords plus a few other modules that can step in to fake things like choirs and the like. Then a bit of actual bass and guitar over the top hopefully.

From what I’ve done so far I can tell the Erica Synths Bassline module is absolutely made for this job.

1 Like

Cool! I have Qubit Chords too, keen to see your version.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

A song with a back story…

2 Likes

Always loved Pulp, saw them at different ends of their career and they always put on a show. Bass player Steve Mackey has gone today, RIP.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Somehow it sounds japanese to me. Like Japanese shoegaze\post-rock bands…

2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes