What are you listening to?

4 Likes

I was just listening to some of the 4 CD set of live stuff from 73-74!

Synchronicity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the odds are pretty good that at any given time some VCV person is listening to King Crimson!

7 Likes

Guilty :grin:

Also this which is in the same neighbourhood;

1 Like

Haha, yeah.

Well, not King Crimson…but ‘king’ Robert Fripp, collaborating with the another ‘king’ Brian Eno.

Brilliant in its apparent ‘simplicity’. And of course, Frippertronics in action.

Fripp & Eno ‎– Evening Star

Robert Fripp Frippertronics Demonstration 79

Or…with The Orb under FFWD

FFWD▸▸ (The Orb & Robert Fripp) - Orbert FFWD Demo 1993

Or with David Sylvian

David Sylvian & Robert Fripp - The First Day (HD)

4 Likes

Well…jumping from Robert Fripp to David Sylvian to synthesizer & electronic music pioneer Holger Czukay (of Can fame…)

Holger Czukay

Winter Magic: David Sylvian On Collaborating With Holger Czukay

Plight + Premonition (1988, remastered 2018)

David Sylvian and Holger Czukay - Plight (The spiralling of winter ghosts)

Flux + Mutability (1989, remastered 2018)

Flux (A Big, Bright, Colourful World)

2 Likes
1 Like

Ah…

David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees (1984)

One of his most ‘brilliant’ albums…

Many of the musicians on this album deserve their own place in the musical history books

Great to see some of these guys at work. Including Holger Czukay (fiddling with a mysterious grey box, generating Lo-fi stuff & loops…the IBM Dictaphone).

To name some of these musicians…

Some text on this album/video

Get lost in magical 1983 footage of Brilliant Trees, delicate IBM Dictaphone looping

3 Likes

I know these records well, got them when they came out. although I just recently discovered there is a live fripp and eno record from “the tour”. It’s recorded in Paris.

Never knew. I found some background info on this tour and the subsequent album. And some publicly available example tracks.

This 1975 tour turned out to be the only occasion to see Fripp and Eno perform live. Of all seven live shows only the Olympia concert in Paris was properly documented, luckily enough it was one of the better concerts of the tour. The tapes were recently remastered and released by DGM as a livealbum, giving a deep insight in what Fripp and Eno sounded like when performing live. More so than the two studio albums they recorded, this bootleg album shows how far Fripp and Eno were willing to go in their experiments.

Fripp & Eno – Live In Paris 28.05.1975

https://www.discogs.com/release/6312025-Fripp-Eno-Live-In-Paris-28051975

Fripp and Eno’s Live in Paris Finally Gets an Official Physical Release

Fripp & Eno - “Even Spaces” Live Paris Olympia May 28th 1975 Pt.1

Fripp & Eno - “Even Spaces” Live Paris Olympia May 28th 1975 Pt.2

Fripp & Eno - A Radical Representative Of Pinsnip - Paris (1975)

2 Likes

oh my, I accidentally caused an avalanche of Fripp’s other amazing collaborations. I see there are a few I don’t know o_O so time to catch up

I read he’s putting out a set of these. Like 30+ discs.

1 Like

Exposures boxset releases at the end of May. This is from an email I got about it:

“Featuring 32 discs (25xCD/4xDVD audio/4xBlu-Ray audio) presented in a 12” box with a 48 page booklet”

"One of the most comprehensive boxed sets devoted to a single period of an artist’s career, Exposures features the complete collection of Robert Fripp’s studio and live solo material from 1977-1983, covering the period from the first Exposure sessions to the end of The League of Gentlemen and final Frippertronics concerts.

Steven Wilson mixes of Exposure in (in two versions), Under Heavy Manners, The League of Gentlemen studio recordings and numerous unreleased tracks from the albums’ sessions appear in Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio on Blu-Ray discs 1 and 4.

David Singleton mixes of God Save the Queen, Let the Power Fall and the Washington Square Church Frippertronics album appear in DTS-HD Surround (Quad/4.1) and in hi- res stereo ranging from 24/48 (WSC), 24/96 GSTQ) to 24/192 (LTPF) on Blu-Ray discs 1 and 4.

In addition, all editions and versions of Exposure (including previously unreleased), original masters of all of the albums from the period and a wealth of additional material, much of it previously unreleased appear on Blu-Ray in hi-res stereo audio on those discs.

Two further Blu-Ray discs present the complete DGM archive of Frippertronics loops, masters and concert performances - over 68 hours of music in 24/48 hi-res stereo

Three DVDs feature the main albums in 5.1, quad and hi-res stereo. Twenty five CDs present material including the earliest existing master loops, all of the albums in new Steven Wilson and David Singleton mixes, plus original mixes newly mastered and a number of studio and live discs featuring previously unreleased and/or music new to disc"

2 Likes

I was watching David Bowie in Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Soundtrack by Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Sylvian.

2 Likes

I listen to her new album al the time!! It’s even better than the first one, I think? What instruments does she play on this one? I know she’s an amazing guitar player.

And now…from something completely different:

Phobium - Basic Time Bending (2011)

1 Like

Another scandinavian

Mike Sheridan - I syv sind (2008)

Example (title) track

Mike Sheridan - I syv sind [HD]

Oh man, great stuff!