What are you listening to?

Neil Finn was with Fleetwood Mac after Lindsay Buckingham’s departure. But he’s back with Crowded House; they released a new album “Dreamers Are Waiting” on 4 June 2021. Neil’s sons are now in the group too.

Tangential, but I loved it when Neil Finn popped up on the initial Flight of the Conchords radio series, he’s a funny dude

1 Like

Was watching one of @VCVRackIdeas videos and this performance showed up in YT afterwards. A very infectious performance. I thought it might inspire @Omri_Cohen, @maurice_gallagher and other live performers. Hadn’t seen the Deluge controller before.

2 Likes

The Deluge is super fun. I’ve been making samples for it on VCV rack - it has a nice multisample feature that pitch-shifts a collections of samples to cover the entire midi range.

Bandcamp Daily is featuring a rundown of ModBap today:

…which is a thing I first heard about at the Synth Society Summit, which I heard about here, like weeks ago:

…so, I guess this place is hipper than Bandcamp :sunglasses:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Around 2000 I was completely into Pat Metheny. One of my favorite tracks from my favorite album “Imaginary Day” is still in my daily playlist:

2 Likes

Glad that music is the great connector of all things living. Given this song is still relevant so many years after it was made makes me sad however. RIP Biko

3 Likes

And another that popped up, poignant indeed

The pH Collective - Throw Away Your Hate (Live at Berklee) - YouTube

One of those songs, like ‘I Will Always Love You’, where a cover version is way more famous than the original

1 Like

There’s actually a sort of nerves album. Maybe just thrown together dregs, but in any case that’s on it.

It’s one of those days where this is the best music (maybe related to having spent much of the day with a sort of hangover possibly from my first vaccine shot).

I’ll start the weekend with one of my new favorite songs.

1 Like

An old fave - someone introduced me to this album in the early 80s. This guy was at one time in the frame for singer with Led Zeppelin. It’s a real shame he’s relatively unknown these days.

#5 “Dreamy” at 8:45 … does anyone know the name of the original tune?

1 Like

Now you got me playing Terry Reid this morning. I think his most well known song is his cover of this Donovan song:

1 Like

Just picked up the 18 track album by Sonic State contributors, out today on Bandcamp at £7 ex VAT

Never heard of this guy, mixing all those crazy tunes, this is why this thread is so good, just listening to a live set on YouTube:

Flamingosis live set | 1.19.17 | Truewave TV - YouTube

some music to energize me for grading exams

2 Likes