What are you listening to?

that is a super great version, thank you

I recently compiled an ambient mix and while I was looking for new music on Bandcamp I found some very good tracks which also happen to be “name your price”:

Nameyourprice” on Bandcamp means the author allows you to download the tracks or the whole release for free, even in high resolution, but you’re also welcome to donate as much as you want. It’s an effective technique to draw attention to your music.

Off topic here, but I have a long list of ambient labels whose catalog is entirely free if anyone needs it.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla) played by Nadia Kossinskaja

5 Likes
2 Likes

And ablaut’s VCV Rack music is here:

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is from 1970 and I hear reflections of the War sound throughout 70’s music; think they were one of those quietly influential groups that other bands listened to more than the punters did (see also Velvet Underground).

1 Like
3 Likes

THB this is what I thought of when people here were talking about Marbles…

2 Likes

LOL :smile:

Jean Claude Risset-Mutations (1969)

3 Likes

there is a Giger Draw, Is there a known relationship between them?

I don’t think so David, it must be a youtuber idea.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You may want to check out “H.R. Giger’s Studiolo” :slight_smile: …not creepy as the subject may lead to think, but still an interestingly weird listening experience. I found it different from almost anything else.

H.R. GIGER'S STUDIOLO | TYPHONIAN HIGHLIFE | PACIFIC CITY SOUND VISIONS - H.R. GIGER'S STUDIOLO 2: Salla D'Arco | Typhonian Highlife | PACIFIC CITY SOUND VISIONS - (not sure if #3 exists) - H.R. GIGERS STUDIOLO 4: H.R. GIGER'S NECRONOMICON | H.R. GIGER'S STUDIOLO | PACIFIC CITY SOUND VISIONS

1 Like

17-hour livestream of music in support of Beruit:

The artist ATM is Marta De Pascalis - experimental synthy goodness… oops done already.

Next up, CONTAGIOUS, with “creative feedback processing” using synths, turntables, trumpet, & piano strings.

The marathon discussed here:

Schedule (times in CEST, I believe):
MORPHINE RECORDS / CTM
16:52 Senyawa
17:13 Marta De Pascalis
17:34 Contagious
18:13 Bird Painting Scum
18:29 Mazen Kerbaj + Raed Yassin Live From Berlin
18:45 Oliver Bauherrn + Rabih Beaini Interview
18:55 Key Clef
19:30 Marylou
20:00 Rabih Beaini + Bill Kouligas
21:00 DJ DIE SOON
21:35 Terry Riley
21:55 Drew McDowall
22:15 Zoe McPherson FREQUENT DEFECT
22:42 Nâr + Akram Hajj
23:27 H.W.G.A
00:06 June As
00:52 Renata
01:36 Try Harder
02:17 END

2 Likes

Kate Bush: The Live, The Cross and The Curve

A short film using songs from The Red Shoes

2 Likes

The new - and pleasantly mellow - Autechre.

4 Likes

The rather obscure 1998 Japan-only Playstation horror dungeon crawler Baroque has a wonderfully unsettling ambient soundtrack by Masaharu Iwata, with the sort of somber melodic synth pieces I really like. The game itself makes fantastic use of the console’s limitations to create haunting labyrtinhesque spaces. A remake of the game for the Playstation 2 was translated to English, but it has a different soundtrack I like much less. Iwata is probably best known for his work on Final Fantasy Tactics, he has been working on game soundtracks for 30 years, and is capable of very diverse styles, but is rarely the solo composer of a work, and a frequent collaborator of the better known Hitoshi Sakimoto.

I don’t post much in this thread, but this work immediately made me think it’s the sort of stuff VCV peeps would be into. Favorites are 19:28, 30:08, 34:08. While the synths used would already have sounded retro in '98, the one vocal song (48:24), in a very different style, sounds a decade before its time, in terms of production style.

5 Likes