Vult Announcements Thread

You know I’m sending a 16 Channel Polyphonic signal to all these Filters ? Have you tested this with my patch ? Thanks.

Ahh now makes sense. I only tested one channel. I did not opened your file, just wired something that looked like if.

I thought so :smiley: With only 1 channel Lateralus is very usable :wink:

Maybe I should reintroduce the simple version of Lateralus which is more efficient but less sophisticated. This would allow me to make an HP version as well.

1 Like

maybe one of those CPU saver switches to switch it to the less accurate simulation mode?

Disjoint suddenly appeared in my rack and it’s absolutely sick, can’t stop feeding it saws, can never have too many filters from you.

I hope you’ll revise the docs soon! I feel I only understand 10% what Lapsus actually does.

1 Like

Strange, I never had to read a manual for Vult @modlfo to be taken as a complement: the modules are pretty self explanatory. I probably haven’t even scratch the surface with them so a manual would be a good read though.

The new filter comprised of a FREQ and a RES knob, I sorta figured out that one on my own, sure. But OTOH, I don’t think anybody would have figured out what something like Dopamine actually does without a manual. I’ve also yet to manage to tame Vultari to make it something else than an unpredictable noise source.

2 Likes

Btw it was no big deal for understanding dopamine - https://youtu.be/w7AWKmBQB5k But yeah sometimes it’s better to have a manual

Here you can read manuals about vult modules, including dopamine.

Also, to find a manual for almost any module, you need to right-click on this module inside vcv rack. The module/manual item will appear in the pop-up menu.

I only mentioned Dopamine as an example of a Vult module where having the docs was very necessary. I don’t use third party video tutorials, getting the info straight from the source is much more concise and accurate.Even for the more straightforward modules of the Vult collection, like the filters, I generally learned something from the doc.

Plus, doc double as promo! One of the currently undocumented modules is paid-only.

I agree with you. I also prefer to get information from official documentation. In addition, no one knows all the features of the module as well as its manufacturer.

Had been putting off purchasing for a good while mainly becuase of not getting much time to do serious patching, however just got myself Vult Compacts and gave Knock a whirl. That is one mean drum module so easy to use and the versatility of drum sounds is amazing, well worth it for that alone! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@modlfo Hi thanks for the stereo versions of Slap and Spank, only thing is that the right output of both of them is monophonic, no matter what you put in, as seen in this screenshot :

Maybe a bug ?

Isn’t that what “stereo” is? mono left, mono right, two channels?

Imagine you have a stereo oscillator with polyphony. You’d want to send both sets of polyphonic signals through a stereo/poly envelope/vca. Spank and slap do not so this (admitedly rare) thing.

Bug. Omri reported this one as well and I have a fix ready

7 Likes

And already updated and available in the PM , thank you Leonardo :+1:

2 Likes

I have not posted any updates here in almost a year. But that’s because I have been working on a secret project for that long. During that period I have released a few modules, like Punch and Feigen and I have a few extra things in progress.

I am modeling a special and not very popular waveshaper. I’m waiting for components so I can build the hardware and validate my simulation model.

23 Likes

The Wolv module is out.

This one is modeled based on the hardware module I created. The design is based on a circuit by Ian Fritz. The VCV Rack version matches very nice the behavior of the analog version.

I’m also selling a limited run of hardware Wolvs. It is still possible to pre-order one if you are interested on getting one of these pieces. https://www.vult-dsp.com/wolv

16 Likes