Vult Announcements Thread

Andrew is gonna hold the release. I will put back the optimizations because these are more benifical to all the users. When I have some time I’ll try to figure out why it happens (if it happens for me) in the rcomian fork.

2 Likes

i just got a Vult update: 0.6.26

1 Like

Hi, Is there a place where we can give bug reports to Leonardo ? @modlfo I want to report some Slap issues with wrong cabeling when loading a 0.62 patch in V1 ( in goes to gate gate goes to attack decay goes to sustain etc) and the new caudal gives me enormous Voltage outputs in Fish-tank and Planet mode, and I have seen “Normal sine waves” as output from the Pendula setting. Windows 7 Vult 1.02 Anyone else have this ?

Thanks for the report! Seems like the planets and fish are flying out of the universe. I’ll fix this issues in the next release.

4 Likes

Hi @modlfo thanks for the “FIX” but now the files saved with V1 won’t load correctly !

My small brain says it should have something build in like : if made with 062 then do this, if made with V1 do this.

I reverted the behaviour to that of version 0.6.x. The only way for now, is to manually fix the patches for v1. I cannot make it support both versions.

2 Likes

I updated the release notes for the last release.

Release notes updated!

3 Likes

I just bought QUINCUNX & DOPAMINE! Playing with those!!

3 Likes

Me too! Love them.

2 Likes

I still have to manage Dopamine, but Quincunx is aaaaaaawesome!!! I just love the “random” or “pseudorandom” modules!!
I miss “STRANGE ATTRACTORS” from Nohmad… :frowning:

But apart that these two new modules are really super!

1 Like

I forgot to update the release notes for a few versions. I have updated the notes up to version 1.6.0 which should be available soon.

1 Like

Will you update the manual too?

At some point, when I have a bit of time.

If someone wants to help with the manuals, the source is available in the link below an it’s all written in markdown

Hi @modlfo, Here is a link to a video I made after seeing something strange with Lateralus :

It’s an mp4 file in a zip.

And here is the patch :

PolyLpg-24102019-Vult.vcv (41.0 KB)

Is this normal behaviour for Lateralus ?

EDIT : Added a screenshot :

1 Like

I had no idea manuals even existed. The Manual link in the plugin menu just goes to the main page. Very happy to see that they do indeed exist.

I’d be willing to volunteer some time to compile these into a PDF or something and add some screenshots in the coming weeks if that’s what you’re looking for. I’m no pro, but I’m sure I can always get an Affinity Publisher license and figure it out.

Yes it is normal. Lateralus and Vortex use one of my most advanced solvers. Basically, the CPU consumption increases in order to minimise the simulation error. This happens with high resonance and high cutoff. In my case, Lateralus consumes (compared to Tangents) from 1x to 4x. In your video the CPU bars go quite high. Which processor do you have?

The manuals web page is created from those documents using https://gohugo.io. This repository contains all the text and images used by the page.

Fixing the manuals It’s more about fixing my bad english or adding information. My idea was at some point to use a Markdown to PDF converter and create a single PDF with everything. That way it would be easier to maintain the manual without needing to fix the stuff in a graphic editor.

1 Like

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz on W7. Thanks for answering.:+1:

1 Like

It just looked too high of a CPU consumption to me. Your processor is much more powerful than my i5. But maybe it is an effect of the screen capture program. Not even in my old computer Lateralus gets close to 10%.