Vult Announcements Thread

The Wolv module is out.

This one is modeled based on the hardware module I created. The design is based on a circuit by Ian Fritz. The VCV Rack version matches very nice the behavior of the analog version.

I’m also selling a limited run of hardware Wolvs. It is still possible to pre-order one if you are interested on getting one of these pieces. https://www.vult-dsp.com/wolv

16 Likes

Vult Nitrous is out. This is my TB-303 filter model. It was modeled after my own 303 prototype. With this filter I think I have achieved a very good compromise of accuracy vs performance. Nitrous stands out very well against the A-103 from Doepfer because the filter circuits are very similar.

A few technical details for the nerds. This is (practically) a 18dB/oct filter. Even when it features 4 poles that should make it a 24dB filter, one of the poles is at a higher frequency than the others. When measuring the slope around the cutoff frequency you can see that it is 18dB.

This update features as well a few bug fixes. The most important is a bug that introduced a bit of noise in Lateralus. This was caused by the tolerance of my solver. A lower value of tolerance produces a more accurate simulation but also means more CPU usage. So now Lateralus consumes a little bit more CPU.

21 Likes

I was using Nitrous in a patch. It felt really good. Then I got kind of silly. Then I got sleepy. When I woke up, half of my teeth had been pulled.

5 Likes

Nitrous is great!

Could you please also add it to the Freak Filter Module? :pleading_face:

Is there any difference between the free versions of paid modules?

1 Like

Some modules have extras, e.g. Tangents has 3 modes instead of the 1 that the free version has.

2 Likes

I thought the paid versions ran at a higher sample rate? I don’t know where/if I read that somewhere or invented it in my brain lol

I think that’s correct (the you invented it. I don’t think the Vult modules do that).

2 Likes

I have added Nitrous to these two

23 Likes

Myself and everyone thanks you by the bucket load for doing that!

2 Likes

Proper!

afbeelding afbeelding

I love the new knobs but I think the “old” V1 versions were easier to read when zoomed out. YMMV, luckily they take nothing away from the quality of the modules, thanks Leonardo.

5 Likes

Yes the old one makes the reading better. I released the updated knobs on a rush because I had to push an update. David and I were talking about making the knob markers more visible. Specially for those new knobs. We will improve them on a future update.

11 Likes

The upcoming 2.0.2 version of Vult has improvements on the knob visibility. It also adds context menus to the Freak-HW module and a few presets to Trummor 2.

21 Likes

Thank you so much for continuing to develop these excellent modules.

One more thing though, I tried the ‘Updated’ Vraids this afternoon and it got very ‘hot’/red on the cable especially when I put into Nysthi Jira Jira, is it worth checking Vraids? It may not be that. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

I think I’m not sure what you mean with being “hot/red”. Are you referring to the output level?

If that’s the case, Vraids outputs a signal that can be in the range of -10 to 10 V, just like the hardware version.

1 Like

Yes, I’m referring to the output level, not seen that before though, I ended up trying a cf ‘Peak’ module to keep it done but it didn’t want to know. So I’ll see if it does the same into other modules. I still like using this module but I was confused by how high the output level was. Thanks

If the output is hotter than you would like, wouldn’t a simple attenuator be the fix?

Happy New Year to u. That’s another option, the attenuator, so there are plenty of those, for example? Thanks