VST Host and support for 32bit vs. 64bit VST plugins

in host just click in the upper black UI part next to the power button and the eye,

in the drop down menue that opens choose “add directory” and locate the folder where the jbridge 64bit dll on your hard drive is.

then you should find it the next time you open host in the drop down menue

Thanks rsmus7, I have just done as suggested. Unfortunately, I have no such option on the drop down menu, or I can’t see it. Host has been used a couple times and it is populated itself with the known 64bit folders but not the jbridge modified 32 bit vsts. Here’s a screenshot:

ok, maybe I’m wrong.

did you try to add the folder where the jbridge-converted versions of your 32bit plugins are saved? Normally this should work. But …

Maybe if I copy the jbridge folder to one of the folders on the screenshot it might recognise them all there, do you think that would work? It’s not end of the world stuff but be nice to get them all to work together.

Hi @ady34 So unusual, did you try to fully scroll down to the end of the plugins list? At the very bottom you should really have the “Add directory…” menu choice. As for the location of the bridged plugins, it’s a good rule to export all 32-to-64 bridged VST’s in a peculiar VSTPluginsBridged folder, i.e. C:\Program Files\VSTPluginsBridged, so they can be easily retrieved and maintained.

Thanks Daniele, I have managed to copy the ‘j bridge’ Vst folder to the Program Files\Vst folder and huzzah it recognised them! So off I could creating more weird sounds, currently obsessed with Soundstage reverb echo effects.

hey @ady34, Daniele is right and as long as it makes sense in the future so you can retrieve, add and maintain them as needed. I kept my newly converted 32->[jbridge]64bit plugins actually in the 64bit area, and vice-versa 64->[jbridge]32bit location for my vsts, using the same directory folder name (ex: camel audio). When jBridge asks, “create bridging files inside a directory I’ll specify (recommended)”, I put them in those specific locations as described. I also keep mine separated by developer folder name for clarity - I’m old, i must have clarity. :slight_smile: Most importantly, as @dizzy said, in Host, go to the bottom of the menu and then Add directory and you are good to go.