I’ve been doodling around with creating my first VCV Rack module for a little while. I think it’s ready enough to share with everyone to get your feedback!
CLK - clock input (very fast clock) DIV - clock division. Controls repeat (stutter) length POS - sample playback position WAV - selects between 5 samples that can be loaded via the context menu PITCH - yep, pitch. Can be used to play samples backwards
- Reproduce the patch example that I posted in the image above.
- Right click on the module to load a .wav sample. I suggest that the sample be around 2 to 5 seconds long.
- Tweak the POS and DIV knobs!
Please note the following
- I do intend to update and customize the front panel design eventually.
- I intend to make a companion x/y controller module similar to: https://youtu.be/1pFrvNx5oAc
- My code is based on Clément Foulc’s PLAY module. A big thank you to him for posting his code. Also, thank you to everyone on these forums for your help!
- In order to try with this module, you’ll need to compile it (make install) from my source code. Of course, eventually I hope to submit it to the VCV library. It will be free and open source.
Let me know what you think!