Voxglitch Community Feedback

If true, that’s pretty astounding. I’ve tried to make custom widgets that were not backed by params, but it’s a huge amount of work.

are there really no widgets behind them? Astounding!

Saving and loading is a bit of a pain, but the code turned out to be pretty simple! Here’s an example: voxglitch/src/DigitalProgrammer/DPSliderDisplay.hpp at master · clone45/voxglitch · GitHub It was probably easy because I probably did it wrong. ha ha ha. I mean, these would be impossible to control via MIDI CC. I only have so much time to invest, so I tend to cut a lot of corners.

1 Like

I could do that. (I may have to start a product board for tracking requests!)

This could be used as a MSEG if there was a smoothed/slew output, perhaps with a selectable number of steps?

I thought about this and I’m not sure if I need to implement it within the module since it seems fairly easy to do with external modules. Here’s a pretty good example setup which I got working:

(what I have here is a polyphonic slew limiter being fed into a split module to split up the 16 channels. I used this in a patch and it worked beautifully. It doesn’t have the steps that you’re looking for, but I imagine that some module may. I just grabbed something simple for illustration.)

Could the 24-panel preview show what the programmed+additive values will output in real-time? This might be a lot of CPU but could be a useful way to visualize what’s happening

I’m certain that I could do it if the … I call them “mini-maps”… show only the computed final value. Those guys would be animating their butts off if you were adding LFOs or VCOs, which might be a little visually overwhelming. I could make this an option in the right-click menu. It wouldn’t take any additional CPU to do that. I don’t see any reason why not!

Quick note as well: I do hope to eventually offer some different color themes for this and Digital Sequencer. However, it’s not super high on my priority list.

Thanks @trevormeier for your recommendations!

3 Likes

Does addressing this mean that the poly add input has been implemented (or fixed)?

1 Like

Yep. It was super easy to fix. When the module becomes available, I’m expecting it to have that fix in place, but I don’t know squiggly squat about the release process, so I can’t say for certain. I’ll go ahead and ping VCV Rack tonight to see if the module is in line for a release. :ramen:

2 Likes

Hi @clone45,

What a huge pre-release interest from the community! :grin:

Just a question about quantization. Do you consider using the same context menu SNAP option as in Digital Sequencer?

1 Like

I’m afraid to admit that I haven’t checked out your modules before now Bret. Just loaded up your “Digital Sequencer” - what an awesome powerhouse of an easy to use sequencer. Instant favorite. Now if it could record also… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was 3 days ago since you re-opened it. The guys are probably really busy but you might also want to gather your changes in bigger chunks, and they might be holding back a bit because you’re spamming them with changes :slight_smile:

I find the VCV build status report page to be useful.
https://github.com/VCVRack/library/projects/1

2 Likes

That sound like me. Ha ha ha.

That would be my first thought. Do you think I should implement it differently?

I was just requested to make a polyphonic 16 track version of it. I eventually intend to do this! Woo hoo!

5 Likes

I’d also vote for that ‘snap solution’! I like it.

1 Like

Thanks Bret that was the type of lunacy I was hoping for! A great module for mutating sound awaits! Still waiting for it to come out?

@ady34 Awesome! Yes, still waiting!

Quick heads-up. When I was working on the bank displays, I had values in most of the banks. This made it clear where the bank buttons were located. However, if there’s no values in the banks, things get unclear:

I’m working to fix that right now, but it might be a few days before I submit an update.

2 Likes

Yeah, should probably let it get in there first. Noticed it might look like that with everything zeroed. Not the worst thing. Got a patch waiting for it. :slight_smile: Pretty sure scaling the input signal is going to work at a little under 2v for the things I talked to you about. I’ll post the value and pictures/explanations of the patch here if it does.

1 Like

Here’s what I’m playing with so far…

I’m not sure if I’m in love with it yet, but it gets the job done. I’m working on input snapping. I might fiddle with the designs more before I submit both updates. But I’m doing to delay submitting a new build until my current one in queue gets released.

1 Like

I like the look of that. Matches the aesthetic of this and your sequencer well. Definitely does the job.

I don’t like the double border of the squares. But it gets the job done as you said. :slight_smile:

What about having the left & bottom border only?

2 Likes

I think I prefer the full border, but either is clear enough.