Voxglitch Community Feedback

I like your approach. This is the same way my original Meander for Windows drum sequencer worked. It was utter simplicity but I created all sorts of text files with all sorts of drum patterns. Since I was using General MIDI sounds, I added a GM instrument designation at the beginning of the text line supporting up to 12 tracks for a 12 piece drum kit. I also did a similar drum accent text format that was at the top of the drum pattern file. Since this was for MIDI hardware use in addition to the internal GM instruments, I had other MIDI info at the beginning of the file.

I did similar things for the note sequencer. And a bass sequencer.

1 Like

Maaan, that’s super cool!

1 Like

Plus this module delivers far more than it promises: you can put a LOT MORE than one zero into it!

You know what would be cool? If by receiving any other stuff than 0\1, it would “translate” it into binary. So you could write something like… “Voxglitch” and it would make it a rhythm.

Love this module so far btw. A bit hard to work with higher bpm, but very-very fun

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, everyone!

I’ve been thinking about this as well. It might make for an interesting separate (but very similar) module that creates CV from ascii values. :thinking:

1 Like

another fine addition to your superb modules,
I’ll try it asap

1 Like

Here’s the feedback on the One Zero module that I’ve gotten so far:

1. Adjust the readout to start at “1” instead of “0” :white_check_mark:
  2. Display the name of the loaded text file in the context menu :white_check_mark:
  3. Add a “one-shot” mode, where the module will stop playing at the end of the document, then await a reset before restarting. :white_check_mark:

All of these seem like great options, and I’ll get them implemented before I release the module. :man_bowing:

Here’s the light theme, just in case anyone is curious:

1 Like

I think 0 was quite appropriate, haha

Totally. :smiley: Also, CV control wraps at 0, so I don’t know if changing it to “1” would make things confusing. I’ll hold off on this change.

1 Like

“One Zero” is really fun,

just one idea that came immediately to my mind,
would it be possible to have a polyphonic version? e.g. make a file like this:

01010001100011!
0001000010001!
0101!
000011100011000100001!
where each ! marks (the end of ) a voice for the polyphony.
and the eol could be set by a right click menue entry voice number.
(in this example voice 1 to 4 would be possible)

this would make polyrhythms very easy

1 Like

Hi Stephan, maybe you already know this but when you paste the four lines you posted ( without the !) in the first 4 lines of Laundry Soup it does exactly what you want.

5 Likes

Thanks Stephan! I want to release this module “as-is” for now, then consider building another, similar module if there’s enough demand.

I had no idea that Computerscare Laundray Soup existed, and I think it’s a great alternative. However, the thing that I love about One Zero is the simplicity, and I’m hesitant to introduce any additional complexity to it.

Years ago, I created a website called “Tiny Bonsai”, where I created a scripting language for manipulating beats. I loved the idea of creating evolving beats using functions like “expand”, “shrink”, “double”, “shift-left”, “combine”, and that type of thing.

My first thought was to recreate TinyBonsai as a module. But then I thought –

People can develop their own rhythm generation scripts. I just need to provide a simple way of playing back the outout.

Anyhow, I’m not pretending to be some visionary. I hope this module is fun for people to explore! Plus… it was really easy to make. Ha ha ha.

3 Likes

:heart: this module! I had used a preset I created for gateseq64 until now but this is so much cooler.

The only wish I would have is to make it polyphonic, so we can use it for drum sequencing or more elaborate rhythms (like switching between „rows“ to create more variations).

1 Like

Playing devil’s advocate, could you use multiple version of the module to achieve the same thing? I’m open minded to this idea. What would an example data file look like?

1 Like

Quick community question! I’m about to wrap up a new version of the voxglitch modules. Are there any small changes that you’d like to see?

So far I have:

1. More performance optimization for Groovebox.
  2. New module: “One Zero”. It’ll probably evolve over time, but I think it’s ready to release!
  3. A few bugfixes and improvements to the Groovebox module. I hope to keep improving this module over time.

I think that’s it for now. Again, if there are any minor tweaks that I’m missing, please let me know!

1 Like

Gain compensation for the Drive stage on satanonaut would be wonderful! It runs very very hot and can be difficult to control sometimes.

Have you given any thought to this (a suggestion I gave you some time ago):

1 Like

Or at least show them in the LCD screen in the Plugin so I know what sample goes where and what sample to look for,

EOC output for Groovebox would be really cool. To automatically sync it with Autobreak or sequencers when working with patterns of different lengths… Or to send a trigger to change a memory slot

imho it is the same idea, maybe the angels can invent it :wink: