Voxglitch Community Feedback

Well, Bret… I think you could expect it but I love it. :heart_eyes:

I’m really interested in testing Glissinator with the output.

Please do some magic that channels in the middle are harder to miss (i.e. 9 & 10).

Even an ugly solution would do

But an elegant solution (like right-click for modification of column color on all scenes) is obviously preferred :slight_smile:

just awesome stuff… in control here!

2 Likes

I love the idea of being able to colorize the columns. I like it more than grouping by 4 since it gives the end-user power over how they want to group the columns. I promise to make this happen. :bowing_man:

@FiroLFO I might break my promise already!! Here’s my reasoning… could’t this serve the same general purpose?

1 Like

I didn’t think of this. Actually it may work. :+1: Looking forward to experiment with it.

What about autocolor? Maybe a bit too much… :smiley:

5 Likes

One more question: what about moving the PolyOut to the top somehow?

Most polyphonic modules I use (inc. LA-216) have the socket on the top. I’d like to avoid cable spaghettis as much as possible.

2 Likes

Oh, good insight! Yes, I can do that. I love how you put the logo on the module. Ha ha ha! I appreciate that. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it. But let’s see what the others have to say about the socket position. :wink:

1 Like

For what I thought to use this for at first, I would use the individual outs and like them where they are… the poly out makes the most sense there though for sure. @clone45 , I would make do with anything though: virtual spaghetti happens.

1 Like

I’ve always tried to put all the jacks at the bottom, the way most of the Fundamental modules are. (I admit sometimes I disobey that. On top is fine. It’s when jacks are in the middle you can get more spaghetti than you might otherwise. At least I think that’s true, it may not be.

2 Likes

I’m leaning on having the individual outputs at the bottom. That’s consistent with Digital Sequencer. But I’m cool with the poly input and output being at the top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Speaking of Digital Sequencer.

Would you be open to add an expander module with CV inputs for the length of each channel?

I have been using this module a lot for things like modulating velocities and filter parameters.

And I tend modulate the length knob. It’s awesome for generative performances when you can use one channel to change the length of another. Together with the different step inputs (you can also patch a modulated clock into) the flexibility of this module is just amazing (and you have great visual feedback as to what’s going on).

Just an idea. I know the workaround with stoermelder mMap does this already. The sequence shift (shortcut feature) would also be a candidate for CV control.

1 Like

I’m definitely open to that! I’ve been meaning to make an expander module for Digital Sequencer. I’ve gotten a lot of requests, such as probability gate settings, forward/reverse/pendulum playback, and yours. I’ll try to get that project on the bench next! :hammer_and_wrench:

3 Likes

+1 for CV control of the SHIFT function! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+2

1 Like

Quick update! It’s looking great so far! I’ve added a copy/paste feature which this video summarizes:

5 Likes

This thing is going to be a beast!

That’s pretty cool. Nice feature. Curious, of course, why didn’t you use the standard copy/paste/clipboard metaphor? It’s familiar to most users, and could let you paste into other instances of your module or even other module.

1 Like

@Squinky With the release of Rack 2, I’ve been having some trouble getting my control-c and control-v on-hover keys to work. I’ll look into this more deeply soon. I would love to support that as well.