Voxglitch Community Feedback

lol, them bits are going crazy!

Hello everyone! Here’s an updated build for windows:

New Stuff:

• The MEM CV input is implemented now

• It should be possible to access sample slot #8 without crashes now.

• There is now a copy button. Here’s how it works:

• Select the memory bank that you wish to copy.
    • Press the copy button to enter “copy mode”.
    • Click on one or more memory slots to copy the select memory bank into
    • Click the copy button again to exit “copy mode”.
    • Note: I intend to improve this user experience. I’ll explain more later!
  • I’ve also added a “clear” button, which clears out the selected memory bank

My “To Do” list includes:

• Implement “light” theme
  • Save and load sequencer lengths
  • Add ability to load the first 8 .wav files in a folder
  • Maybe (you tell me!) implement the ability to load a zip file containing 8 samples?
  • Draw a line on the pan sequencer that shows where the center (0) is.
  • Tweak panel widget positioning and design
  • Write documentation. Make a video demonstration.
  • Eventually: Use the main display screen to show a tutorial upon loading

Also, @rsmus7, awesome video!!

2 Likes

Hi, same story here. It happend with 2.20.0 version and today with 2.21.3

I’m so sorry about this. My patch was supposed to have made Digital Sequencer compatible with older and newer patches, but I must have done something wrong. I’m looking into this today. @t.t.wocial , is there any chance that you can send me a patch that lost the sequencer data?

Thanks, Bret

@secretcinema Could you see if you can load any of your older patches now? The conversion code will only work if the patch hasn’t been re-saved, which will have overwritten the sequencer save data. It’s working well for me, but I’m getting reports (such as from @t.t.wocial ) that it’s still misbehaving.

It’s worth noting that if you had a patch open that used Digital Sequencer and it lost your data when Rack loaded the in-progress patch, you’ll need to reload the patch using File/Load to restore the sequence data.

I got an old patch, on first load all is well, close rack re-open and all bars are gone.

Ok, I’m able to recreate that, @Yeager. I’m digging into it right now. Thanks so much for the information.

1 Like

Oh, what a painful moment as a developer. I found the bug, and it was just a very trivial mistake. Would anyone who’s running Windows have a moment to confirm that my patch worked?

Works ! bars are there after reload.

1 Like

Yes can confirm 2.21.3 is losing all its bars. Even 8Face can’t get them back in a snapshot.

In VCV Rack Free 2.1.2 my SamplerX8 2.21.3 gives no sound. Is this the same for you all?

indeed

no, not here,
in Win11 VCV 2.1.2 Pro and voxglitch 2.21.3, SamplerX8 works as it should. (did you try to use the on/off button? just click it off/on and see if it makes sound)

but in the last update the Autobreak Studio is missing. Is this intended ?

I did a little test with the latest version of the Autobreak Studio and it seems the Sample 8 bug is gone and now the MEM CV input works fine too. the only thing that confused me was the order of the mem slots ( the left row 1- 8 and the right row 9 - 16, I would have expected it to be 1 - 2 then 3 - 4 so the left row the odd numbers and the right row the even numbers, but that might be just my personal habits).

Test 2:

Yes that worked but it’s not the normal way so I say …BUG !

Ok! I’ll take a look at it today!

This has been fixed in 2.21.4 and submitted to the library for integration. Also, Autobreak Studio hasn’t officially been released yet, so it’s not in the update. However, it should be ready soon! :man_bowing:

1 Like

Hi Peter! Just so I understand correctly, are you suggesting that the on/off buttons be converted to “mute” buttons? (I’m open to this suggestion.)

No not really I just noticed that clicking the on/off buttons work strange , you have to click twice to get it off then then twice to get it on, meanwhile the light turns on/off so we have sound with light on and then sound with light off and then 2 times no sound with the lights on and off. It would be nice if they played with the light on and off with the lights off… or am I missing something ?

Hmm, that’s odd. Could you see if you’re getting the same behavior for the LOOP button on Wav Bank?

No, light on = loop light off is one shot.

Cool, thanks for testing that. That means that the faulty logic probably isn’t in the custom button, but rather in Sampler x8. I’ll get this fixed asap. :slight_smile:

1 Like