Voxglitch Community Feedback

Thanks for all of the information. I’ll work on fixing this for you, but it might take a little while. I’m pretty busy this week, but I’ll be able to dedicate some time to this next week. Thanks for your patience. :bowing_man:

1 Like

thanks man i appreciate all the work you put into this

1 Like

I have found the problem. I made 2 simple patches to demonstrate what’s going on.

So RESET function of the Sequencer is set to ‘Next Clock Input’ in both patches.

In Patch 001 everything runs smoothly. In Patch 002 it skips the first beat.

So what happens is that in PATCH 001, the main clock of the Sequencer gets the same x4 clock as sequences 1-6.

In patch 002, Sequence 6 gets a x8 clock input coming from the Impromptu 2nd CLOCK, while the main CLOCK of the Sequencer still gets a x4. Then it skips the first beat on all sequences.

So not sure if that is a Vox glitch or a Clock Glitch? Maybe @marc_boule has thoughts on this?

VCV rack 2.02 is used.

CLK RESET VoxGlitch Sequencer_002_TEST.vcv (1.9 KB)

CLK RESET VoxGlitch Sequencer_001_TEST.vcv (1.9 KB)

I share some thoughts on how I do things here for my modules, but I haven’t tried the Voxglitch modules yet. In gerenal, it’s best to explore the different settings in Clocked and look at signals in the scope to see how to best set it up. Cheers!

1 Like

Cool, will check that out and thanks!

To explain (the otherwise dead simple) proposal I created another pic.

• yellow: four identical triggers are sent on four channels
  • green: four different LFOs are sent on four channels
  • red: a four channel output is received having various (kick, snare, etc.) samples played on the various channels simultaneously

Well, I know it’s nothing groundbreaking but it’d save me some cables for sure. (Specially if I send different triggers to the TRG input!)

But honestly I consider this a “low-priority suggestion” compared to dronehands’ proposal…

@FiroLFO, I like the idea. I’d be interested in making that into a separate module. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Jeroen,

I think that both patches that you uploaded are identical. Could you please take a second look at them? I seem to only have the version that works OK.

You know what Bret, I am just making a new instance in VST format every time and it’s working wonderfully. I am sure it’s a clocking thing and not anything to do with the sequencer.

But we do need to be able to shift the sequences left and right haha. Sometimes you just wanna shift the groove, but then again that can also be done by shifting the reset with another pulse.

There is a solution to everything.

Thanks for being so involved.

1 Like

Hello there, I would love to see this ‘dub machine-generative sampler’, is it available as a patch or even a picture of it would be nice, if I could re-create it?

pm’d so i don’t detail the thread

Hi Jeroen (@secretcinema), I wasn’t able to get the left and right arrow keys working, but I have something even better!

You’ll now able to SHIFT+drag horizontally to shift the active sequence. It affects both the voltage and associated gate sequencers. I submitted it to the rack library just a few minutes ago and it should be available in Voxglitch 2.1.0.

I realize that the up and down “nudging” is still broken, but I think that I can fix it in a similar way using the control+drag.

In the short term, I’m going to focus on updating my documentation which has become way outdated. :scream:

1 Like

Wonderful news Bret. Good luck with the manual. :slight_smile:

Works great! Thanks for that.

1 Like

Here’s a demo of the new “reverse” gate input for Autobreak. I should have this published tonight.

7 Likes

Not published yet? I’ve updated Voxglitch right now, but there’s nothing new in Autobreak. I can’t wait! :grin:

@Dr4am I’m not sure! Give it a shot in a day or so. If you don’t see it, let me know! It’s been submitted, so it shouldn’t take too long.

1 Like

Hey man,

I love all of your stuff, mainly Satanonaut. Lately I’ve been getting into building “fixed” racks as you would with normal eurorack, and it’s been hard to fit in my favorite voxglitch modules because of how dang big they are! Have you considered making mini versions of big modules like Bytebeat or Satanonaut?

Hi @officialdjglitch,

I love the fixed-rack idea. I don’t have any plans right now to release compact versions of my modules, but it’s not a bad idea. I’m working with someone on making a version of my modules with alternative front panels, and I’ll see if I can include some slim versions of Bytebeat and Satanonaut. I can’t make any promises. I work a full time job and only have so much time to devote to my hobbies. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Bret

4 Likes

It’s there since yesterday. Good news!

1 Like