Voxglitch Community Feedback

Just mentioning that I’ve been a bit busy, but now have also built the new versions (yesterday) and took them for a spin again. So far this seems to work fantastic :+1: - I really appreciate the work you’re doing, these are some of the most useful modules around, rounding up the possibilities and user experience of the VCV environment nicely. Thanks!

I see what you mean. What I can do is +1 to the sequencer index selection made by CV to correct this. However, it may break people’s existing patches you have already started using the LENGTH input. I’ll try to get this tonight. :slight_smile:

Thanks Guenon!

Hi everyone! I just submitted a few updates to the user library. I haven’t gotten all the way through your requests yet, but this is a good start:

1. Ability to set sequence length using CTRL+drag
  2. Ability to select sequencers using 1-8 and SHIFT+ 1-8 keys
  3. Better CV control over sequence length (thanks @FiroLFO)
2 Likes

Quick note: I’ve ported the CTRL+drag feature for setting sequence length to the original Digital Sequencer. It’s ready to go, but I’m going to collect a few more updates before I submit another update to the user library.

The knobs for controlling the sequence lengths are still there – I’ve just added another way to adjust sequence lengths.

2 Likes

Hey Bret, looks fantastic. Is there still an option for a different Clock division per Sequence? Or do we keep using the Digital Sequencer for that?

Can’t wait to try this one.

Greets,

J

EDIT: If I understand correctly, the STEP input is Polyphonic for clock divisions?

Yes, the STEP input is polyphonic!

It’s crazy flexible! (Just saying.)

Or for even more melody madness try this.

(But the RESET is monophonic.)

2 Likes

SooperDooper!! Thanks mate

2 Likes

I’ve added a “labels” feature to Digital Sequencer XP, similar to that in Digital Programmer.

I’ll do a formal announcement and a new YouTube video soon. I haven’t submitted these to the user library yet. I want to get the documentation updated first, and maybe clean up a few more requests while I’m at it. I may also add labels to the original Digital Sequencer since they’re relatively harmless.

:bowing_man:

3 Likes

It looks like a minor adjustment but it has an enormous impact on usability! Thank you!

Super!

One humble request, while testing this: a “musical note mode” would be fabulous when setting the Digital Sequencer values :blush: … I mean simply that one could select this mode, in the context menu, and when it’s toggled on, the tooltip that normally shows you the numerical voltage would read the corresponding musical note, based on v/oct :pray:

Edit: oh, and a similar tooltip (numerical voltage / note) for the Digital Programmer sliders! Hehe

1 Like

The note is dependent on how the VCO is tuned - i.e. the note that plays at 0V. The default is typically C4, but not all VCOs use the same standard. And regardless, move the VCO frequency knob off the default, and all bets are off. Or attenuate the signal coming out of the sequencer, or …

And regardless, move the VCO frequency knob off the default, and all bets are off. Or attenuate the signal coming out of the sequencer, or …

Yes, but this goes for every single place a voltage is represented as a musical note reading, based on some note standard? What happens downstream can naturally change the audible musical pitch. This goes even for synthesizers that receive MIDI notes; change the oscillator frequencies, and they play at a different pitch than the received note. Still being able to see the note, before it goes into the voice generator, is beneficial :slight_smile:

True. But is the sequencer quantizing the output? I didn’t think so. So unless quantization is added to the module, the note idea likely doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

It does make sense, but when the note mode is activated, quantizing to the nearest note is a very nice addition yeah :blush: ! (Even more preferrably separately toggleable, if such quantization is implemented!)

If it’s just another tooltip mode, without other funtionality, it can simply read like “G3 + 9ct” and so on, to the nearest note by standard v/oct, and it’s up to the user to go through a quantizing module when exact quantized notes are desired. Would help setting the values inside Digital Sequencer in any case, when using it for this kind of stuff.

Hi @Guenon,

Unfortunately, I don’t think that feature is going to be added anytime soon. I agree that it would be pretty cool. So would support for different musical scales. Note mode would be difficult to implement because it would need to play well with range selection and snap values. And… maybe a note specific sequencer would be a better choice. However, I’ll dwell on it for a while. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, indeed if that is a possibility, I agree it would be more elegant and logical as its own dedicated module - in this familiar form factor, done specifically for sequencing notes :slight_smile: … ooh that sounds so good.

Hello Bret,

Congrats for all these new modules !!

About the digital performer the morphing engine looks promising what about a small switch for each fader ( a bit like a digital sequencer) to lock a specific fader ? In some situations, could be interesting to not morph some ?

Edit :(could also work for random btw :wink: )

1 Like

About this on the digital sequencer, don’t work here on Mac/Mojave it’s equivalent to a right click on the module

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll try to add a key that works on macs.

1 Like