=== very cool patch challenge = very special edition 32 ===

five more days!

2 Likes

Streaming the same setup with minor changes for 2 weeks has been interesting. But I think I want to use some other modules for a while. Here’s the compilation of all my patches:

I’m fairly sure that none of the patches actually breaks the rules. The last patch in the video is my official entry:
https://patchstorage.com/vcp-32-15/
It uses every module, though not every patch point.
I’ll circle back around to commenting on other peoples work when we get closer to the deadline.
1 Like

thanks so much for taking part in this and making a compilation video! listening to it now and i’ve already heard some cool sounds.

1 Like

Hi, Wow. so many things and participants. So cool! You’ll find here my 2nd entry to this challenge.

If you want just listen to the piece, jump to the minute 24… This time, the video shows a patch from scratch that feature - how much I love this - the Karplus Strong technique. Chronoblob2 is maybe not the perfect delay module for that purpose since the delay time doesn’t go short enough to get high pitches, but it can make the job in single delay mode. Hope you’ll enjoy. I’ll give you shortly a third patch which will be a more musical or compositional piece and then a compilation video so that @ablaut would be able to shorten the play list a bit :wink:

Cheers.

Here’s the patch: BeeDeeGeeRack2.vcv (55.9 KB) And my Patchstorage page if you want dig in my other patches: deniou, Author at Patchstorage

2 Likes

thanks for this, i had no idea that you could do karplus strong “manually”.

1 Like

my third patch for the challenge, a drone, was made in my livestream today:

you can skip to the last few minutes if you just want to hear the results

My second contribution

https://patchstorage.com/thirtytootoo/

Thanks Ben, for this wonderful challenge! :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey!! Here’s my third entry to this edition. It was a lot of fun trying to make patch with different approaches with a same rack. Thanks again @ablaut for this so cool idea.

This patch didn’t really fit my computer, so recording it was really toough for it and for my ears. So the video may not be well sychronized with the audio due to the big amount of slluttering during the recording. Hope it’s worthy though. The patch: BeeDeeGeeRack3.vcv (59.7 KB) Cheers. Now it’s time to Listen to all of you and chat! :wink:

2 Likes

Great patch Norbert! And you used all the modules :+1:

I really like the sounds and soundscape you got out of this patch Denis!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, but Hora delay with bypass from vult are the best combination for me to set a versatile Kaplus strong voice. With Chronoblob2 we can not go high in pitch since the minimum delay time is not short enough.

Thank you Lars. Have a nice week!

1 Like

I know I’m a little bit late for the party :wink:

but I was very busy the last weeks, so I put my patches together in just one video. there are 4 patches in the video, each is round about 4 minutes long.

the patches are here:

VCP-32_rsmus7_patch_1.vcv (53.4 KB) VCP-32_rsmus7_patch_2.vcv (50.4 KB) VCP-32_rsmus7_patch_3.vcv (56.4 KB) VCP-32_rsmus7_patch_4.vcv (49.6 KB)

now I hope to find some time to listen to all the entries

1 Like

Hey fellow rackheads, been so busy after moving and starting my new journey for school, but decided to squeeze a patch in real quick today using this fixed virtual rack. Its a pretty nice setup from Ben, just had to fully embrace the random side of things. here’s the patch: vcp32-9u104hp-rack (Adi) 1.vcv (51.2 KB) here’s the vid:

And I was bored and uninspired to make music the other day and lego-ed together my own rack of this same size for the heck of it. I wired a couple things up just see the basic idea of what I had in mind. Smoke sounds really cool when you pitch it up an octave, and I don’t always want the whole rack running through Plateau, because some things I like more lush than others. Anyway, good times… 9u104hp-rack (Adi) 2.vcv (57.8 KB)

3 Likes

Fantastic patch Adi, so creative, I’m really impressed, and I absolutely love the piece of music that came out of it. Really well done, wow!

1 Like

Very late to submit, finally happy with a patch - I found this incredibly deep, and will certainly use it as a working platform. Thank you, Ben.

https://patchstorage.com/vcp32-patch1/

youtube playlist:

if i missed any, please let me know

2 Likes

Very very nice meditative way to think this rack. Nice job!

1 Like

Merci, bien content que tu apprécies. :notes::level_slider::control_knobs: :slight_smile:

What is the module to the right of lazy susan?