=== very cool patch challenge, edition 43 ===

I’m so frustrated not to be able to use this wavetable… Man! Your patching is overwhelming! Bravo!

1 Like

The Phaseque sequencer is pretty cool. I kind of wish it had a 16-step pattern option, or a way to step through several patterns. I suppose I could use another sequencer to step through patterns.

When things get really fun is if you really go to town modulating the phase clock. Sines do weird things, not the least of which is play the sequence forward and backwards. Triangles do the same thing. But since it’s a waveform driving the sequencer, you can use whatever you want to the waveform – wavefolding would be interesting.

2 Likes

here my entry for the VCP-43

this time I have at least three patches :wink:

the first two are slight variations of a theme, the third one is different and uses another sound source. In the first two patches I use Vults Basal as sourceand the polyphonic capabilities. In the first patch I use also the new beta module from OrangeLine: Swing

patch I:

patch II:

and in the third patch I use Valleys interzone as soundsource (compared to Woldemar it should be ok :wink: )

patch III:

all patches in one zip are here:

https://patchstorage.com/vcp-43-rsmus7-one-voice-i-iii/

6 Likes

I tried this challenge a few different ways, but this was the best result I got, using the Edge WCO oscillator and a handful of slow LFOs.

3 Likes

Hi Rackerz

This is my entry to VCP-43. Mysterious voice of polyphonic EvenVCO. Playing on these patch settings and during the entire recording I was completely absorbed by minor changes in the knob settings in the Seasons module. In a way, he becomes my favorite sequencer. Has great power to create surprising nuances of the sound. The melody is a bit associated with some rituals and dances of old tribes.

VCP-43 Shamanic voice.vcv (60.9 KB)

7 Likes

Wonderful Mateusz, very Terry Riley, love it!

1 Like

It was completely accidental. I’m blushing now. Personally, I love Terry Riley’s songs. Thanks Lars.

1 Like

My entry to VCP-43 using one sound source: Bog XCO

Seemed cool to use polyphony, only used sin wave output not as a limitation but it just sounded good I thought, and used parallel processing of wet reverb into a couple Clouds set to different octaves and ran through a couple Debriatus to create texture and rhythm. This was a cool VCP, I had a lot of fun making the most out of this one :slight_smile: Shadows (VCP-43).vcv (41.2 KB)

7 Likes

Here we are with another entry:

https://patchstorage.com/vcp-43-two-excess-poly/ This time I really abused the polyphony thing and made a piece with three structures:
  • drone
  • harmonic series drone
  • melodic bit.

Anyway, it’s nine minutes of niceness and sunshine. I do have one more piece in which I don’t use polyphony at all but will see if I can get that done.

4 Likes

This is great Adi! With all those different effect lines it’s still very coherent and comes out as one piece with many interesting textures. Well done.

1 Like

My entry to VCP-43

The single sound source is Braids in SIx3 mode (3 sines).

All notes are supplied by a chaotic LFO from the wonderful Wiqid plugin, through a quantizer. I really like those LFO’s Ben!

The sound goes through two branches of processing: The first is through Clouds in Looping Delay mode. The second is through a looper into Clouds in Granular mode.

And that’s it :slight_smile: Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/looping-sines/

3 Likes

Thanks Lars! I kind of went the easy route with parallel processing, and wanted a low & high frequency version, which Clouds helped me do while creating texture :slight_smile:

@dag2099 I love your drone and sunny melodies almost like trumpets

@jedrzejewskimk wow, this is such an incredible patch and beautiful piece of music, super impressed!

Working my way up the list guys! I’ll be back next time I get a chance!

2 Likes

A second entry using basal as my sound source

vcp-43 glass arcade.vcv (74.7 KB)

4 Likes

Very nice David!

1 Like

Three is at least one too many patches but I had three ideas so here we go:

https://patchstorage.com/vcp-43-three-feedback/

I wanted to make a patch without polyphony so I decided to use one of the first things I tried a year and a half ago when I started doing this stuff. You send your signal to a mixer routed to a delay and then back into the mixer. You also send the mixer output to whatever your “real” mixer is. You control the mixer volume with an envelope follower so it doesn’t explode. In this case I’ve elaborated quite a bit on the original idea, using the “governer” to control various other things so that the melody changes over time.

5 Likes

sorry for the delay

i did a patch for vcp-43 and a walkthru of it in the first part of my livestream of november 10

https://patchstorage.com/orcas-fin-vcp-43/

i did use nurage which is a vult commercial module

1 Like

thank you all for taking part in this challenge! we have a playlist with 24 videos and we also have a few soundcloud tracks above!

8 Likes