=== very cool patch challenge, dual edition 44 ===

Can’t record it, so just an image and the patch. It has no head or tail.

turingcontest.vcv (43.7 KB)

Hi Denis, cool sounds in this patch, it would really be helpfull, if you could provide the sample that you used in simpliciter, or at least point in the direction of the sample that you used, is it a drumloop or an ambient recording or a singing voice or…

you can upload samples here, if you just change the extention of the file to something like .vcv or .jpg … and just mention that change.

Thanks a lot. I just added a dropbox link. I tried to change the extension, but loading it here then didn’t work. It’s a note I recorded with my trumpet. Anyway. any sustained sound or note is fine. It’s just for exciting the resonator.

1 Like

Thx Denis for the upload :+1:

VCP-44 Time catcher

Hi Guys an Gals. This is my entry to last VCP no. 44. It’s been a while since my last song on YT. Well, I have to admit, I don’t have much time for myself at the moment. Being a full-time father with little sleep breaks can be exhausting. I hope that in time I will be able to allocate some time for myself. On the other hand, the reality I am in now frees me a lot of creativity in various fields. Maybe with time this will translate into my work. Anyway, I was able to create this patch, record it and give it to you for evaluation. By the way, I’d like to dedicate this piece to all those who have recently lost something. Hope you can always find something new. The wheel of time is really turning. The inspiration for this song was the latest patch by Omri Cohen. Positive vibrations and all LFOs for you and your family Omri. Cheers

Patchstorage link: https://patchstorage.com/vcp-44-time-catcher/

2 Likes

Heyo hello hiya hi,

Here’s a bunch of experiments with vcv-host, polyturing, unintended hardware, and stupid patching party tricks, loosely collected together in the form of a “song” entitled “I am asdfjkhahsd” (the lyrics are slightly different, but who’s telling).

Polyturing is neato, but I couldn’t figure out the benefits of it being polyphonic over the mono original.

If you wanna see the rack better than in this video, here’s a pic:

All the VSTs used are free: Spicy Guitar, Stigma, MT Power Drumkit, DSK Saxophones, Alter/Ego, Synth1. But getting the patch to work on your machine sounds like a pain nonetheless. VST is hell.

Host is neat, but I’m much more interested about VST integration happening the other way around, once it’s finally released.

vcp-44-c.vcv (143.7 KB)

10 Likes

i did make a patch yesterday intended for this challenge (as well as for a challenge on the ambient online forums), using host-fx. sadly the patch doesn’t save all the settings of the vsts, so i’m not sure how useful uploading the patch would be.

here’s the resulting track:

2 Likes

That’s awesome ablaut!

1 Like

Finally my contribution to VCP 44. :metal::sunglasses:

3 Likes

The “Ambient Modular” Facebook group or another one?

1 Like

Just… WOOOW! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PIECE! very very nice work!

1 Like

As allways, kind of a master piece. So much going in here and a well structured arrangement. Bravo!

1 Like

I like that sort of theremin

1 Like

If you are in vst land, the standard surge installer will also give you an AU and a VST3 of just the effects banks as a standalone plugin. we did this so we could use the vocoder to process carrier and modulator both which were not from surge. (There’s no VST2 of the effects though). And the surge_fx.dll thing is a vst2 hack which the AU and VST3 don’t need since they support sidechain APIs properly, if your DAW does. Oh and of coursed, all those surge effects are available as rack modules too! HTH.

3 Likes

Nice! I didn’t know about it. I’m listening to their “Ambient Online Themed Compilation 06: Darkness and the Light” and there’s some really nice tracks on there.

2 Likes

Oh that’s amazing ! Didn’t know about the effect standalone ! That’s amazing because i love surge Vst and i love the effects in rack, i use em all the time ! ^^

Edit: just downloaded the last version and found the effects bank ! Really dude thanks so much for this <3

2 Likes

Oh great happy you like it! If you find any bugs or have any ideas feel free to drop an issue in our github or our slack. But its pretty rock solid we think. There’s a few things around extended parameters which surge-proper supports that neither the VST nor the EffectsBank have but otherwise it is complete.

I really should finish those faceplates for the surge-rack fx one day; and the vocoder has tuning Paramus in surge and the effects bank that aren’t in rack. All stuff we need to do. As always, if anyone here loves surge and is a C++ developer, we are always happy for help!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just getting around to try those now. Love the phaser already, looking forward to dive into the other ones. Thanks for Surge in Rack!

1 Like

i like the rotary speaker.

1 Like