Venom Development blog - Testers and feedback needed for new Mouse Pad module in development

And I have the first cut of the final module for the upcoming release! The Mouse Pad design may change size, and/or layout, and/or options. But it is fully functional for now. Patches made with this version may not work properly with the final release.

I didn’t have time to make a video, but below is a patch that uses all 4 new modules for v2.10.

Here are the binaries:

I would love feedback on the design and functions of the Mouse Pad, and ideas for improvements. I have some ideas for changes, but I would like to hear from others first. I am really hoping to release in October, so time is pressing.

I am leaving for a flute retreat Thursday morning, and return Sunday. I am pretty sure there is no internet, so I won’t be able to respond until I return.

Mouse Pad Test.vcv (4.5 KB)

Hold down the Alt key (Option on Mac), and move the mouse to play the lead voice. X axis controls pitch. Y axis controls volume. Release Alt to go quiet again. I don’t have documentation yet. Feel free to experiment with the various options, and tell me what you think!

The new VCO Units provide the voices.

The Quad VC Polarizer functions as a VCA and mixer.

The NORS_IQ is not new. I use it to quantize to a non-octave repeating scale, as well as provide the polyphonic notes for the slow arpeggiator sequence created by the Poly Fade.

The NORS_IQ is not new for this release. It quantizes a non-octave repeating scale, and provides the polyphonic notes for the slow arpeggiated background voice created by the Poly Fade.

4 Likes

thank you Dave! very very handy this new mouse module. makes the mac trackpad a dream controller:) bigups!!!

1 Like