VCV users: Map the community!

Thanks to @shantarli.me for starting things off!

Click this link to see or add yourself to the map!

Click “Add Marker” right below the Search Box (to the right of the hand), and then click on your Location! Replace “Point ###” with your forum name (or Anonymous), and PLEASE don’t use your home address!

(ORIGINAL POST) I’d love to make a post which visualizes on a world map, where VCV is being used worldwide, just to be able to see our global community. Thoughts? Ideas on how to do this?

6 Likes

i think google has something for that, a map on which people can place themselves

Google Maps can do it, i’ve created one for an example.
The main thing is to set settings that way so everyone can edit the map and place their markers.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11OFrgbtKBY8XhYh4pPAgIwWXmVjP58Jn&usp=sharing

1 Like

mind if we use yours?

If it’s ok, click “Add Marker” right below the Search Box, and click on your City.

(Please don’t use your home address…)

Yea, it’s okay. I suppose we need to rename this post or create a new one with the proper title? :slight_smile:
Maybe @the1andonlydrno can add this thing to his “News of the Rack” also?

1 Like

good idea!

Great idea! I added my point and hope more people will take the time to add theirs. Now I know why they call it Eurorack.

4 Likes

Can someone whack a pin In Lismore NSW Australia for me? Wasn’t seeing an add pin button. Thanks.

I’ve done some editing on what looked to be abandoned points and such, if you had trouble, doublecheck to see if yours is still around :wink:

and I’ve got ya @pgatt !

2 Likes

Added!

Added a pin. Put it on our roof. Privacy-schmivacy.

There are two other people near me in the Washington, DC area, which surprises me because I did not consider this area particularly “electronic.” And no pins in NYC … ?

2 Likes

Just a reminder! Don’t just comment here, make sure you add yourself to the map, and please replace “Point ###” with a name, or add anonymous if you don’t want your name down!

Of course, if you’re having trouble, message me! (Also, if you accidentally create extra points on mobile, like the greek user with 7 consecutive points across alaska, Yukon (canada), and much of siberia :wink: )

I blame things like real-life, the facebook algorithm, and anonymity…

Thanks!

Whoa! Around 250 points right now and their count keep growing. Great!

Cheers - Anthony (antfactor) /native NYC denizen of varied electronic-stuff/s. Will check out that map and see what happens - Much Thanks! -ant

(errrmmm… HOPE I did that correctly - added antfactor/copepod - but can’t tell if I added a layer or not… HOW does one know? / LOL!!)

gonna add myself ^^

There is someone literaly 3 km from my home but he is a " ? " :sob:
I always wanted a IRL rack pal… guess i’ll have to teach modular to my friends :joy:

Could always poster the neighborhood :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like